• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite vs. least favorite styles of food.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Yeah, I live in on the east coast and I never even heard of them. When I visited family in Washington state as a kid I remember a chain called "Taco Taco" (or something like that) that was very similar to Taco Bell.
Del Taco is better than the Bell, IMHO, and others seem to agree; this summer it beat out Chick Fil-a as 'best fast food.'

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Gosh my Dad always gave me fast food growing up, so I like it. Dang him lol. My cousins and the such were raised on healthy food and vegetables. They currently dislike fast food and soda and are much healthier than me.

I love me some McDonalds ;-;
I remember McDonald's beeing my most favorite food of all time next to KFC when I was a kid.

Today in my area, Mcdonalds, and KFC as well , tastes like it was heavily processed utilizing the city sewage system for flavor and texture.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My most favorite is southern cooking. Duffs Smorgasbord back in the day and of course the home cooking bar none anywhere in the world. Tex Mex cooking comes a close neck and neck second.

My least favorite is almost all fast food today. Overpriced and horrible. Both in service and quality.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
My favorite is southern home style, more readily known as Soul Food. It covers a world of cuisines with an American touch.

My least favorite is "wannabe" fried chicken and fish such as you'll find in Zaxby's and Long John Silver. And any kind of raw meat, though easy with the fire when cooking beef.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I really like most cuisines. Even if its not a favorite, there are generally good options somewhere.

That being said, my most favorite is probably south Asian. Too many to pick from.

My least favorite is probably that of the northern half of the US.

I feel West African food deserves an honorable mention.
Church hotdishes are about as bland as bland can be.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah, I live in on the east coast and I never even heard of them. When I visited family in Washington state as a kid I remember a chain called "Taco Taco" (or something like that) that was very similar to Taco Bell.
Maybe Taco Time? Taco Taco may be Seattle thing.

There was one Taco Time that I used to call "Taco Tim" for the longest time they were missing an "e" from their sign.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Maybe Taco Time? Taco Taco may be Seattle thing.

There was one Taco Time that I used to call "Taco Tim" for the longest time they were missing an "e" from their sign.
Possibly. I don't remember the year. Very early 90's. I do remember that they had Ken Griffey Jr. promotional cups. Google doesn't seem to be of much help.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What is your favorite style of food?

Ow man.... There're so many delicious cuisines, I couldn't pick one if my life depended on it.
It depends on my mood and the weather at the time of asking me that question also , lol.

I back and forward between Belgian, Italian, Greek, Turkish, French, south German ("zwiebelrosbtraten mit käsespatzler" OMG!!! ), Moroccan, Mexican,... Just thinking about it makes me hungry lol

I like certain asian dishes also, but others I really dislike.

What is your least favorite style of food?

Indonesian, British, Indian

My least favorite style of food is oritental. I don’t mind fried sushi, but I’ve been told that’s an American monstrosity by a Japanese native. Regardless, I ain’t eating any regular sushi. Idk what it is really about oriental food.

Yeah, don't like sushi either. Not even a little bit.
Over here, it seems to be primarily "hipsters" that eat it. And frankly, I doubt if they really love it so much as they like to claim they do :smilecat:

I haven’t tried it out too much since I’ve never liked it. Fried rice is the lamest rice. Even white rice with a bit of salt is better imo.

I love rice though. Fried rice also, with a bunch of onions and some chicken. Awesome.

So, what about you?

I couldn't pick a favorite dish either. So much good things.
My all time favorites, perhaps:
- Steak with french (*cough* belgian *cough*) fries

- Spaghetti carbonara, with an absurd amount of parmigiano (and NO CREAM - the horror!)

1726479283262.png

- "stoofvlees" (not sure what the english term is... traditional flemish beef stew)
1726478939508.png

- chicory rolls (another traditional flemish dish)
1726479130009.png

And off course, the German pearl: zwiebelrosbraten with käsespatzler

1726479576672.png

okay, I'm hungry now...........................

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
We need a lot of things...

Yeah, not too much of a fan of gravy. Sometimes, in small amounts, but typical gravy in these parts is kinda bland, too.

I think its just to hide that the food has no flavor.
Actually, gravy is to stretch the meal into more so as to fill and sustain. Fat and flour, the makings of gravy, ward away hunger. The flavor is limited to the pan drippings used. My dad ate so much red-eye gravy during the depression that he refused it when we came along, though white and brown gravy were still used abundantly.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, gravy is to stretch the meal into more so as to fill and sustain. Fat and flour, the makings of gravy, ward away hunger. The flavor is limited to the pan drippings used. My dad ate so much red-eye gravy during the depression that he refused it when we came along, though white and brown gravy were still used abundantly.
What's red eye gravy?

What is your favorite style of food?

What is your least favorite style of food?

My favorite style of food is Mexican. I’ve lived by the Mexican border for my whole life. I can probably live on carne asada lol (Mexican style thin steak). There are plenty of taco trucks about. I get myself 1 carne asada taco, 1 cabeza taco, 1 al pastor taco, and 1 carnitas taco. Yummy!

My second favorite style of food is American BBQ! Burgers, steaks, ribs, I love meat so much!!!

My least favorite style of food is oritental. I don’t mind fried sushi, but I’ve been told that’s an American monstrosity by a Japanese native. Regardless, I ain’t eating any regular sushi. Idk what it is really about oriental food. I haven’t tried it out too much since I’ve never liked it. Fried rice is the lamest rice. Even white rice with a bit of salt is better imo. Orange chicken is alright. Not the biggest fan of the orange sauce, but it is what I get when I go to oriental places.

So, what about you?
As Kathryn stated, I love Mexican Food. I was raised on Southern style American food though so I am always cooking unhealthy meals. My son's birthday is tomorrow and he loves homemade salsa so I made him some this morning and it will taste much better sitting overnight in the fridge. My least favorite is Italian.