• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear of hell

Is the fear of hell the main reason why you follow a religion?

• Yes. (explain...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I fear god's anger, too.

• Yes, but I also follow becuase I love god.

• Yes, but there are reason. (explain...)

• No, I know I am going to heaven.

• Total voters

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I don't believe in everlasting hell; I believe that everyone will ultimately reach God. I simply believe what I believe because it works for me.

Now if only I can actually transfer what I believe into what I actually do...
Sums it up nicely.

I suppose that my view of Hell is more like a purgatory, or something--that is, if the existence of a Hell exists at all. So, I didn't answer; I'm not entirely sure whether I view Hell as temporary, or entirely metaphorical. :shrug:

I believe in a hell not because I fear it but because I have looked at evidence for it. I follow Christianity, NOT because I fear hell, but because I looked at the evidence for it and found it convincing and therefore I follow it, not out of fear, but out of a love for Truth.

But at the same time, lets be real, assuming there is a hell, who would not fear it? Everyone would fear hell. Do we fear fire? Of course, and that’s why we avoid it, right? Just common sense. There are two different kinds of fear, there is a phobia and then a healthy kind of fear. I have no phobia of hell, I have a HEALTHY fear of hell, and what that means is I don’t want to go there and so based on my HONEST belief in God and the bible and it’s message and in hell, I follow the Christian religion NOT out of fear (phobia, or even the healthy fear) of hell but out of a love for Truth.

And when I tell you this answer, it’s an honest answer. It’s my job to tell you the truth about myself, it’s not my job to make you believe me.

But, the truth is the truth whether you believe me or not.