• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fellowship - Faith alone Christians only

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I was discussing the last day judgement with some Muslims in their DIR, what a fearful day that will be when the full extent of God's holiness is revealed:

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

How many lies do you have to tell to be liar in the eyes of one who has never lied? How many people do you have to kill to be a murderer?
When they say Lord , Lord what a horrible realisation there will be when He says I never knew you, they thought they were Christians, they though they were safe, how bitter those tears will be but it will be too late.

joeboonda

What are you guys doing???

I have to say, despite your suspicions, Nutshell came here for answers and help. No need for the third degree, simply love him and accept him, for he is here for some kindness, love, and guidance.

Nutshell, I am so happy for you that you are trusting in Christ for salvation and interested in finding a good church. Anything I can do, or discuss to help you understand our beliefs and all, I surely will, feel free to ask. I know you don't want to turn this thread into a debate thread and are sincerely desiring the truth. That's awesome! I am so happy for you! As far as I am concerned, feel free to fellowship with us (or at least me) anythime! If we run into a disagreement or something we don't see exactly the same way, we can move it somewhere else, no problem. I hope you will be able to fellowship with us (or me).

Folks, have grace and give people a chance! If someone attacks the faith as we know it in this thread, deal with it then, but not until then! If Nutshell is truly converting, some apologies are owed here!

Love, Grace, and Peace to you all!
Mike

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

I never said anything to discourage anybody but I intend to test all things and as the brethren did not accept Paul immediatly (see my earlier post from acts) but waited to see the proof of his conversion I thought it prudent to act in like manner, it never did any harm to Paul and it would not do any harm to any other sincere person.
Nutshell never claimed to have left the LDS church, he never claimed he had become an evangelical, he simply said he was having doubts and felt drawn to evangelicals.

God knows if he was speaking the truth or not, God knows his motives and will judge him if he is being deliberatly deceitful but as for me I follow the advice of Paul and Jesus above.

Godbless you Joeboonda, i know you have a big heart for the lost and I understand why you wrote what you did.

joeboonda

Yeah, no hard feelings, Paul and everybody. You guys may be the very people God has to help our friend find his way, though, and I'd hate to push him away, and so abruptly, when he has not said anything wrong on this thread. It does not show love, and I have learned most people want to experience the genuine love of Christ in their lives, and we are in their lives, so if we are not showing Christ's love, where will they find it? It won't hurt a thing to give him a chance if he is still willing...

Hope

Princesinha
I just became aware of this thread, and just want to say how utterly astounded---yes, astounded---I am by the lack of sensitivity by certain people. Oh how it must make Christ weep! It almost makes me weep. Well, actually, it makes me more angry than anything, but it definitely breaks my heart. Reading some of the posts, I felt like I had stepped into some secret society, where members continually slap each other on the back, use high-falutin' language just to sound impressive, and shut out any who don't fit their exact "criteria." If I, as a Christian, got this impression, imagine how it must come across to those who don't yet know Christ. Is this how the Body of Christ is supposed to look? "They will know us by our love..." ????

Nutshell----I'm here too if you have any questions. My sincerest prayer is that Christ will continue to draw you to Himself.:)

cturne

servant of God
Yey, brilliant a Lutheran, we have spoken before though haven't we.

Cturne, do you hold to the doctrine of justification that Luther held? I have heard that many lutheran churches have made a joint decleration on justification with rome.

Without a doubt this doctrine is the one that people of all religions, sects and cults oppose the most with the trinity a close second maybe, for me though you cannot help someone to understand the gospel whilst excluding the doctrine of justification from it, in my mind it is the central issue.

I bet everyone asks you about this, being Lutheran and all. I do hope you continue to post on this thread.
Hi Paul - yes, we have spoken before!
I absolutely hold to Luther's view of justification by faith alone. My church is not a part of the 'mainstream' Lutheran churches, but am from the conservative minority. We still use Luther's Catechism for our confirmation classes. I also agree that justification by faith alone is very controversial. It is human nature (our sinful nature) that causes people to feel that they have to 'do something' for salvation.

I hope to continue to post on this thread, but because of my busy schedule, I may not post regularly.

cturne

servant of God
What are you guys doing???

I have to say, despite your suspicions, Nutshell came here for answers and help. No need for the third degree, simply love him and accept him, for he is here for some kindness, love, and guidance.

Nutshell, I am so happy for you that you are trusting in Christ for salvation and interested in finding a good church. Anything I can do, or discuss to help you understand our beliefs and all, I surely will, feel free to ask. I know you don't want to turn this thread into a debate thread and are sincerely desiring the truth. That's awesome! I am so happy for you! As far as I am concerned, feel free to fellowship with us (or at least me) anythime! If we run into a disagreement or something we don't see exactly the same way, we can move it somewhere else, no problem. I hope you will be able to fellowship with us (or me).

Folks, have grace and give people a chance! If someone attacks the faith as we know it in this thread, deal with it then, but not until then! If Nutshell is truly converting, some apologies are owed here!

Love, Grace, and Peace to you all!
Mike

I agree - anyone that has questions should be allowed to ask - I believe this can be handled without the thread being turned into a debate. We do not know where the Holy Spirit may be working!

cturne

servant of God
We must always remember that God has commanded us to spread the Good News of Salvation - it is not ours to keep to ourselves!

cturne

servant of God
Welcome, Sister. I am undergoing a conversion and feel God calling me to accet the true Christ. I am learning about the Deity of Christ, the Trinity, Bible alone and justification by faith alone. I thought I understood these things, but God is revealing Truth to me. I am intensely reading the Bible right now. Please let me share a scripture that has pierced my heart.

Romans 8:1-2
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Can anyone tell me how to select a church to attend? I want to go this Sunday.

Your brother in Christ. Nutshell.

That is a beautiful passage - one of great comfort. Romans is a great book to read - I don't pretend to be a great Biblical scholar, but Romans is one of my favorite books.

I hope no one minds, but I would love to recommend a church to you - please check out these sites: www.els.name and www.wels.net (They are actually linked, too, I believe.) These 2 websites can help you find a church in your area, and can answer a lot of your questions also. There is a q&a section in the WELS site that is very helpful. Of course I am prejudiced since I am a member of a church that belongs to one of those groups, but something that I believe is very special about the churches in these groups is that, no matter what church you attend that is a member of one of these 2 synods, you will find the same Biblical truths taught and preached. Every worship service you will hear the comforting words of the Gospel.

JayHawes

I'm still learning, brother. Can you explain this verse to me?

Saul (also known as Paul) went about killing the early Christians. He thought he was doing the will of God by killing them, and then one day Jesus appeared to him on the Damscus Road, and caused Paul to see the truth of the Gospel. The disciples were afraid of him becuase just a while before he was murdering them, but Paul had truly converted and soon became known as the Apostle Paul. it took a while for the Apostle to accept Paul.

JayHawes

It may be hard for you tog et used to an evangelical Church. The Service held may be very differnt fro what you are used to...however don't be afraid... don't be afraid to praise God in any way you feel is right.

I suggest that you look for a Church that teaches the Apostle's creed:

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell. [See Calvin]
The third day He arose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy *catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.
Amen.

*catholic means universal.

Dont Hesitate to call a Church and ask them what they believe and teach, however you need to visit and continue to study, while searching for a good Church.

JayHawes

Nutshell may I ask if my threads concerning Mormonism, did they have any positive influence on you?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
I missed this entire thread, and after reading a few of the posts like this my head is about to explode.

Hey Nutshell...you make me laugh. Evangelicals don't talk like that. Just start the debate Thread "I have doubts about the LDS Faith...let's discuss it".

S.R: I have so much to say to you as a sister in Christ. Really, this thread isn't the appropriate place for churlishness or rudeness and that is how you are coming across. Shame on you.

Dear Nutshell:

That post was either an absurd parody or a perfect example of the effects of legalism on a member of the body of Christ. I'm sorry you have been treated so rudely.

(Note: Here is some excellent first aid for that unfortunate condition.)

Nutshell, if you are serious about leaving LDS please reconsider jumping from the frying pan into the fire. There are many toxic churches out there just itching to get their hands on a fresh new convert. Please for your own sake be very careful and of course ask God to guide you with His holy spirit.

If you are interested in exploring Christianity without the religion before choosing a new church home, go here:

May God grant you his peace and comfort you throughout this difficult transition. There are many good resources available to you and I hope you make use of them. Please feel free to PM me anytime.
-- Praying for you,
!Fluffy!