• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feminism and Makeup/Fashion

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I support any woman's right to dress however she wants and wear whatever makeup she wants. I do not want anyone to feel pressured into having to wear makeup or a certain clothing style, but as long as everyone chooses for themselves what they want to wear, I don't care what that something is.

Speaking as someone who typically expends the least amount of effort possible on her appearance, I can say that even I do make a slight effort to look nice sometimes. If we condemn makeup and fashion, we'll need to condemn hair brushes, soap, and any clothing that isn't a plain burlap sack.

vaguelyhumanoid

To me feminism means absolute freedom of gender expression. If a woman wants to wear makeup constantly, that's fine; if she wants to avoid all cosmetics, that's fine too. If a woman wants to go topless, that's fine; if she wants to veil her face that's fine too. Same deal for men, and folks of other genders.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
If someone chooses to because they like it, that is fine. I personally have never worn much. Occasionally a little eye liner and lip stick, but that's about it. Oh, and bronzer on my face, since I am pale.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I have noticed that I go through stages, it all depends on my mood. Sometimes I dont wear any, sometimes I wear eyeliner and eyebrow pencils, and sometimes I completely do my eyes and lips. Depends on the occassion and how I feel, like I said.