• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding Ms right

Sees

Dragonslayer
I think it's a combo of experience, luck, realistic expectations, etc. Nothing will apply to everybody - being all folks are different and some are just very, very strange. So...

Would say the generic "best match" depends on the ability of the people involved to understand love and companionship is dedicated work - then applying it towards someone you feel an unusually strong connection and attraction towards.

Are you the type who researches and compares options forever while looking for the perfect PC, television set, etc.? Might be a while :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How do you know when you've found your match? Maybe you'll find someone better?

If you're looking for better, you'll always find better. There are seven billion people on this planet; there will always be better. But greed for better aside, do you love whom you're with? Are you compatible with them? Do they love you? Can you be happy with being in love with someone you're compatible with who loves you?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If you are the sort of person always looking to buy the latest this or that, and unable to stick to anything... perhaps marriage is not the thing for you.

Wherenextcolumbus

Maybe you'll find someone better?

Maybe you will, but will they also be better than you? Because I think it's important to remain humble, realistic and keep in mind what you are actually bringing to the table. I've known of guys who have been with the most beautiful intelligent loyal women and have treated them so badly, thinking they could find better and they didn't even have looks or money or wisdom to be looking over the fence at other grass.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
There are no perfect matches. Mostly it's a matter of two people coming together at a particular point and place in time which corresponds to their sense of being "ready" to be with someone. I find most people could be with an incredibly wide range of people depending on circumstance, albeit, usually people of a particular psychological profile.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Found Ms. right once.....turned out to be Ms. very wrong.....then we got divorced
Found Ms. right again.... we got engaged...but never married
Found Ms. right for the 3rd time...we got married...had kids... and are still married

Akivah

There is no one-answer-fits-everyone answer. And define "better". What is better than a match?

In my experience, I proposed to the first woman that liked me. We've been married over 25 years and still going strong.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I disagree plenty of people commit to terrible matches and plenty of people take decent matches for granted.
Of course. But, that's all hindsight. I've been married and divorced yet at the time of the marriage, I always thought my spouse was "Mr. Right". People don't get married or live together thinking the person they're committing to isn't a good match at the time.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Of course. But, that's all hindsight. I've been married and divorced yet at the time of the marriage, I always thought my spouse was "Mr. Right". People don't get married or live together thinking the person they're committing to isn't a good match at the time.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Ba-da-dum!