• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Follow Your Heart and Mind

Generally speaking, which is it most important to follow?

• It's most important to follow your heart -- intuition, feelings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think the advice to "follow your heart" is meant to say "trust your feelings or trust your emotions". When I use this expression I never mean it in the sense that one should ignore what their brain says, but rather, "let your emotions guide your mind" to subsequent realizations. The stress is on guiding and is never intended to mean rule.

I agree...If your (not you) brain could be humble..If we could be in a state of .."if that was me " state of mind and really knew...

Kind of like a ..."one that knows"..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Troublemane

in my experience, the cosmos has its own way of making known what you should do, whether its from a person appearing and giving you a message, or an idea popping into your head randomly. i certainly believe in following your heart in matters involving emotions/ideals and what is important to you, and your mind when it comes to matters involving judgement/ethics/etc.

but when it comes to matters of fate and destiny and all that, wow---the cosmos should definitely be listened to very carefully. cuz if your not careful the noise of the TV and all the worthless stuff the media talks about could easily drown it out. :D

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Sometimes I am not sure that I can trust myself to follow my heart or my mind...That would be my choice, but is that in itself enough to go on? :rolleyes:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
While following your heart can be good, it can also be easily manipulated, misled and corrupted. Take religious fundamentalist for example who actually believe in their own heads that they are going good. But through the filter of logic and reason we can see that in reality that is not the case.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Logic and reasoning are very important, and indeed I'm going to tackle mathematics again(I HATE math) so that my reasoning can improve, because at the moment, it sucks.

Intuition and emotion are also important. They keep us happy and understanding so that we don't become cold and lifeless.

Which one is better to follow? It depends on the situation. Most of the time I think attempting to combine the two is ideal, but most situations don't allow for this, so I'd say logic is the one to follow best if combination is impossible and reason is. On the other hand, sometimes a logical deduction isn't possible because of lack of data, so if a decision has to be reached, the only way to keep from shutting down is to just go with intuition.

That's my two cents.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Evidence is the key to moving forwards in society, don't believe anything until you see it and hope will never be required. Hope for the best but expect the worst.