• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

food you hate

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Yet another food that I love and that others seem to hate: Vienna Sausages!

How about "tamale"... the green stuff out of a lobster? Yummy!

evearael

I can't stand mac and cheese in a can or tuna noodle cassarole (made with, as my sister put it, cream of fungus soup).

Buttercup

Veteran Member
NetDoc said:

I'm not getting the green stuff out of a lobster bit. But, question is....do I really want to know?

Smoke

Done here.
evearael said:
I can't stand mac and cheese in a can
One of the few things my better half has ever done that really astonished me was to come home from the store with canned mac and cheese. I had never heard of it before. And I don't like it, either.

However, you can make a tuna casserole without resorting to cream of mushroom soup. I've had cream of mushroom soup that was really good, but I'll guarantee you it didn't come out of a can. I wouldn't put that glop in anything I intended to eat.

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
MidnightBlue said:
One of the few things my better half has ever done that really astonished me was to come home from the store with canned mac and cheese. I had never heard of it before. And I don't like it, either.

However, you can make a tuna casserole without resorting to cream of mushroom soup. I've had cream of mushroom soup that was really good, but I'll guarantee you it didn't come out of a can. I wouldn't put that glop in anything I intended to eat.
I love that glop, I can eat it right out of the can. :D

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
NetDoc said:
I even like Haggis. Really.

Head cheese? Yum!

Limburgher? Fry it up and it is to die for.

Chitlins??? Yeah baby!

Spinach and ANY dark green leafy vegetables??? Awesome.

I'm a reading y'all here, and I'm a gettin' a hankerin for some vittles! Possum Pie and grits with Armadillo on the half shell! SWWWWEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!
What planet are you from and what have you done with our sweet NetDoc?Knockout

Ðanisty

I have a similar but less extreme reaction to milk. It's not a lactose thing; I can eat cheese, ice cream, yogurt, etc. I just can't drink milk. I can force it down if it's ice cold, but not without shuddering, and then I have to eat something to get the taste out of my mouth.
I'm the same way! I love cheese, ice cream, etc. but even the thought of drinking milk makes me want to gag.

I also hate okra (vegetables shouldn't be hairy) and grits. What on earth do people get out of eating grits??? It has no flavor and a horrid texture. It's like eating quicksand or something. Eww.

I absolutely love spinach, brussel sprouts, and chicken liver. For some reason though, most people seem to hate that stuff.

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
NetDoc said:
Shall I whisper this??? No one has slammed spam yet! YUM!
Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!
I've never had it. Thankfully I'm allergic to all meat sustances that come in a can. :jam:

ChrisP

Veteran Member
NetDoc said:

Any sausage is a good sausage :) Chorizo's, Hunter Sausage, Black Pudding, Luncheon, oh and of course every variety of salami EVER!

ChrisP

Veteran Member
MidnightBlue said:
Oh, I almost forgot. Aged brick.

I like brick cheese, mind you. But in 2003 my Uncle Bill tells me that the best cheese in the world is aged brick. I say, I like brick, but I've never had aged brick. He says brick isn't any good at all unless it's at least three years old. So we buy a block of aged brick in Milwaukee and bring it all the way back to South Carolina in a cooler. We invite people over to share it. Going to be real special, right?

Everybody in the room gasped when I opened it. It smelled like bad breath and dirty sweat socks and rancid garbage and vomit, all mixed together. It was ghastly. Nobody would even try it except me. I figured, maybe it tastes better than it smells. It tastes exactly like it smells.

So if a 90-year-old German gives you advice about cheese, beware. :tsk:
Pffftttt you Americans have no taste in cheese! Aged Cheddar ROOOOOOCKS!!!

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Okay, I have to say I hate baby animals. I can't eat veal or lamb. Deer is completely out of the question and muscles and squid are just plain gross!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Whaaat? But deer is so much tastier than beef! And it has the advantage of not being cooped up in a factory farm all its life. :)