• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For people who think the world will improve for everyone: How do you think that will happen?

Niatero

*banned*
(edit) NOTE: This question is for people who think that someday the world will improve for everyone. I apologize for not making that more clear in the title. I've corrected that now. I intentionally posted this in a non-debate forum. I'm wishing and hoping for it not to be flooded with opinions and arguments about whether the world will or will not improve. I started a thread for that here: Do you think that someday the world will improve for everyone?

If you think that someday the world will improve for all people everywhere, how do you think that will happen? What are the processes? For example If you think it will happen in steps or stages, what are they? If you think it will happen by everyone believing in some belief system or other ways of thinking, how will that happen? If you think it will happen by people practicing meditation, do you have a theory about how that will work? If you think it will happen by changes in economic and political systems, do you have a theory about how those changes will happen? I'll post my ideas in a separate post.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think it will improve for everyone everywhere.

Some things will get better, and then they'll get worse. In some areas, quality of life will decline, in others, it'll improve.

That's how its always been.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The human being is endowed with free will.
If people realized that we can eliminate suffering, by taking care of those who already exist, instead of creating more human beings by procreation, well...that will change.
It can change.
I don't mean extinction. I mean...that certain countries should evolve and reach that spiritual awareness.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Invention and technology. Things have changed so much in recent history for the better. Even the invention of the humble flushing toilet improved our lives. I acknowledge that the benefits have not been equally distributed.
Also the hormonal pill.
So many women are child-free because they take that magical pill that stops ovulation. Sometimes permanently.
And they have more sex than anyone else, I can promise you that. ;)

Niatero

*banned*
First I'll say that I think things will get worse for a few more generations at least, before they start getting better.

Part of how I think the world will improve is from the growth and spread of a kind of love, something like warm feelings and friendly intentions towards all of nature including all people everywhere. I think that's part of human nature, but it's currently being widely repressed and pushed aside. That's part of human nature too, it comes and goes. Another part of it will be the growth and spread of a healthier, happier more loving community life at the level of neighborhoods and villages all around the world. Another part of it, as a result of those processes, will be that people will stop drawing lines of alienation between themselves and others to excuse and camouflage not caring about the harm in what they're promoting. Another result of those processes will be people freeing themselves from some delusions about what makes a good life that are pushing and pulling people into ways of living that are harmful to all of nature including all people everywhere. I'm not sure what will be happening to social structures while all that will be happening. I think that the disintegration of civilization all around the world will continue for a few more generations at least, but I'm not sure how far that will go in physical destruction and collapse of institutions.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
do you have a theory about how those changes will happen?
The world is a dynamic system that contains many cycles: people being born and dying. I think its behavior patterns will contain self similarity at smaller and smaller scales. Trial and error is like evolution. So is design. The way the world will improve is through failures, through deaths, through cycles which are like layers of silt. There are exceptions. There are improvements sometimes that arise outside of the cycles. Things can also get worse.
First I'll say that I think things will get worse for a few more generations at least, before they start getting better.
I think it will be many generations, because the worst civilizations always drag down the rest. The best also become corrupt and weak. Small pockets of better civilization appear and then disappear. I think the current situation in our world is (in places) relatively the best ever, and it won't last.

Someone posted about people escaping Earth in ark ships to escape the planet's destruction 5 billions years from now. I think it will happen much sooner and for political reasons: to escape hellish politics on Earth. Just as people fled Europe to the Americas, people will try to flee the planet. The entire planet will become a hell. The very worst of nightmares is now possible. You can be observed and controlled at all times and from a central location. How long before it is a reality? I hope I'm dead before it happens.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Slowly, as it has in the past, we won't recognize it at the time. Sometimes it will get worse before it gets better. But on a long scale, life got ever better for all - with huge differences.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Although i believe the rate of change is increasing as knowledge and technology advances

Niatero

*banned*
If population stops growing, your dear beloved Capitalism dies out.
For the record.
Fewer and fewer people= less people to exploit, less customers, less consumers. :)
I'm wondering if you're saying these things seriously, or if it's satire. Kind of like what L Frank Baum said about American Indians.