• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those interested

Just_me_Mike

Yesterday was a big day for me. I took the day off and spent sometime with my therapist.

Here is what I realized. Our beliefs, no matter how great they are, will never be as certain as that which literally stands before us not requiring belief.
My sons, my wife, the trees and birds, my dogs, etc... all require no belief at all.

What this simple realization means for me, is it allowed me to examine what it is I hold sacred in terms of concepts, morals, guideposts if you will. What I hold dear is trust, love, friendship, hugs and kisses, sitting next to my sons, watching them grow up, looking into my wife's eyes knowing she has desired and cherishes a life with my crazy ***.
I hold dear nature, that silently breathes all around us, yet other times roars so that we know for sure it is there.

For the longest time, I have had a difficult time separating concepts, ideas, that while they seem so real and important, have hijacked what I know for sure is real and important. I have come to understand, it is still OK to be curious about the mysteries of our world, even see if God can be found. I admitted to my wife yesterday my anxiety about placing the end of the world in front of our relationship, and vowed to not do that again.
Not that I won't think about it, and still be anxious about the coming of May 21, because in all fairness it is still intriguing to me, but thanks to time, people at RF, therapy and the patience of my loved ones, I think I can finally put this concept in its rightful place, just a small part of my mind.

Hope this reaches you well, and thanks to anyone that has shown some care, to a stranger on the internet. It is an anomaly of its own right in some way that this is even possible, to care about someone you have never met. Well, wish me luck.

Mike

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yay, Mike! This is GREAT news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I look forward to continuing to read your posts and get to know you better through this forum. I have great confidence that your outlook will continue to improve.

I am so glad you went and talked with a professional. They ARE useful sometimes, aren't they?

Good luck. Keep the faith!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Wonderful stuff, Mike. It would seem that the greatest messages and the most important things are the very things that are right in front of us - if we only look. Glad you did.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Happy for your realization Mike. Nothing beats directness in which the haze dissipates, giving way to clarity revealing the gems dazzling brilliance.

lunamoth

Will to love
Yesterday was a big day for me. I took the day off and spent sometime with my therapist.

Here is what I realized. Our beliefs, no matter how great they are, will never be as certain as that which literally stands before us not requiring belief.
My sons, my wife, the trees and birds, my dogs, etc... all require no belief at all.

What this simple realization means for me, is it allowed me to examine what it is I hold sacred in terms of concepts, morals, guideposts if you will. What I hold dear is trust, love, friendship, hugs and kisses, sitting next to my sons, watching them grow up, looking into my wife's eyes knowing she has desired and cherishes a life with my crazy ***.
I hold dear nature, that silently breathes all around us, yet other times roars so that we know for sure it is there.

For the longest time, I have had a difficult time separating concepts, ideas, that while they seem so real and important, have hijacked what I know for sure is real and important. I have come to understand, it is still OK to be curious about the mysteries of our world, even see if God can be found. I admitted to my wife yesterday my anxiety about placing the end of the world in front of our relationship, and vowed to not do that again.
Not that I won't think about it, and still be anxious about the coming of May 21, because in all fairness it is still intriguing to me, but thanks to time, people at RF, therapy and the patience of my loved ones, I think I can finally put this concept in its rightful place, just a small part of my mind.

Hope this reaches you well, and thanks to anyone that has shown some care, to a stranger on the internet. It is an anomaly of its own right in some way that this is even possible, to care about someone you have never met. Well, wish me luck.

Mike
Sounds like a breakthrough. Best wishes!

croak

Trickster
Good to hear, Mike. I hope the anxiety dies down so that you are able to enjoy your life to the fullest. :)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Just me Mike,

Surely a day to celebrate, to rejoice in such enlightenment; a step towards final freedom from mind activities.
The reason for stating freedom from mind activities is simply to expand the concept stated by your therapist:
Our beliefs, no matter how great they are, will never be as certain as that which literally stands before us not requiring belief.
Belief is itself a mind activity and truth is standing naked before us at all times and when one sees truth without the mind in between then one is totally free!

Wish you all the best on your journey!
Love & rgds