• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgiven

I was wondering, if someone has a totally different belief or he/she is an atheist, anyhow a belief that doesn't involves God or one god... can that someone be forgiven by God in the end if he had a good life, meaning that he was kind and so on... didn't killed or did anything else against the law?

If someone of the same religion with me can answer is even better. :D

One of the core teachings of the bible is that you can't be "good enough for god" through your works.

Isaiah 64:6 "But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags"

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me."

Acts 4:12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

This was why Jesus came and died for our sins. Our worldly good works are not sufficient. We are all sinners. No matter how many people you help, how nice you are, how much you "try" to be a good person, we fall short.

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"

Redemption comes through believing in and having a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and accepting that he died for our sins. We ask him to come into our heart and cleanse us, we repent of our sins.

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

As a Christian, you should not do good deeds so that you can get into heaven. You do good deeds because you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, to follow his command, the will of God. Thus we do not attempt to act rightly FOR salvation, we attempt to act rightly BECAUSE OF our salvation. The good works come from the relationship with Jesus, wanting to do right by God as he has commanded.

I hope this answers your question. (The direct answer to the question being "No.")

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your opinion. :D May I ask what confession you belong to? :D There might be that different confessions have different opinions. Thanks a lot.

Thank you very much for your opinion. :D May I ask what confession you belong to? :D There might be that different confessions have different opinions. Thanks a lot.

I can't claim to be a part of any particular sect. I do my best to stick to what is said in the Bible. The current church i attend is non denominational.

While I am not against sects themselves, I think all Christians would do well to remember some things of importance from the bible:

Mark 7:6-9

6: "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me."

7: "And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."

8: "For laying aside the commandment of god, you hold the tradition of men--the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do."

9: "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition."

Words from Jesus.

Rather than look to what people think, look to what Jesus thinks! Always a good decision.