• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgiveness of sins

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Scott1 said:
Again, what leads you to believe you have the right or need to forgive yourself?
Yep... it's a tough one... praying for ya!
I suppose I look upon it in the way that I feel that if it was someone else - would I be able to forgive them for the sin they have done against me ? (to which the answer is always yes) ; but, for some reason, when it is I who has sinned.............

Believe me, I have been through this for years; I was told, by a vicat in the Church of England, to pretend that I am my own father; how would the father comfort and deal with his sinning son? - and that I should be able to see myself in the role of the father, helping me (the son) overcome his guilt. That is the stumbling block.:eek:

Scott1

michel said:
That is the stumbling block.:eek:
OK.... again, count on my prayers... but I would still like to hear from you why you think you have the power to forgive yourself or why you feel guilt needs to be overcome.
Aqualung said:
Well, Jesus commanded us to forgive people. Why can't I include myself in there?
Feel free.