• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fornication -what is it?

crystalonyx

Be careful of rationalization. We all know behavior as defined by the two terms "adultery" and "fornication" are both clearly wrong according to the Bible. So whether one or both is mentioned in every instance, is unimportant.

This is not clearly evident in the bible, which is open to wide interpretation.

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
This is not clearly evident in the bible, which is open to wide interpretation.
Much in the Bible is open to interpretation. But on this issue it's quite clear, unless one chooses not to see it. This is where the rationalization comes in.

logician

Much in the Bible is open to interpretation. But on this issue it's quite clear, unless one chooses not to see it. This is where the rationalization comes in.

It certainly is not "clear" that "fornication" is wrong, certainly not in all parts of the bible.

Big_TJ

If you're not sure what it means, just ask him. Pray about it.
This sounds very much as if you don't really know either. The problem is that when I pray and ask, I get absolutely no response; it's just like talking to the wind.

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
This sounds very much as if you don't really know either. The problem is that when I pray and ask, I get absolutely no response; it's just like talking to the wind.
For God to answer you, you must really be seeking him and willing to go by whatever he tells you. So until you're ready to really hear and obey what he has for you, it will be like talking to the wind. Sometimes it takes a real effort to get an answer from God. Days of praying, sometimes fasting, and searching in his scriptures. You should do all you can to be humbly obedient to whatever you know to be true. Then above all, listen, and believe.
I know it works.

Perhaps he already has answered you. Try listening to your conscience.

crystalonyx

For God to answer you, you must really be seeking him and willing to go by whatever he tells you. So until you're ready to really hear and obey what he has for you, it will be like talking to the wind. Sometimes it takes a real effort to get an answer from God. Days of praying, sometimes fasting, and searching in his scriptures. You should do all you can to be humbly obedient to whatever you know to be true. Then above all, listen, and believe.
I know it works.

Somehow I think talking to the wind may get better results, as I know it is real and substantive.

Big_TJ

I know it works.

Sounds good! So, since you seem to have a hang on this "talk to GOD" thing, can you ask him for this clarification and let us know? Pleaaasseee??:help:

emiliano

Fornication is giving in to lust, and if repeated over and over again it will lead to vices and addiction, it is a sin in the sense that it weaken your self control (it does harm), it can also have serious consequences, teenage pregnancies, unwanted pregnancies, venereal diseases, murdering of the unborn, lost of reputation, single parenthood etc no a good thing.