• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free Speech Under Attack From Liberals

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Okay so, if feminism can be hated, talked about as being nothing but bull****, said we are nothing but man-hating ball-crushing ugly hairy women who can't get laid and just want to destroy men and manhood everywhere, that's free speech right?

But if I dare say speech like that is sexist or hyperbolic or misrepresentative, I'm suddenly declaring to destroy the first amendment?

Whatever. Say what you want about me as a feminist. I've heard it all before. I reserve the right to say what I want about anti-feminists. There's freedom of speech at work.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from counter-arguments.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There does seem to be a strong desire among many on the left to 'thought police' others. Both conservatives and liberals alike have those that wish to shape and control society to fit a specific vision, and the notion of liberty obstructs that regardless of which corner of the political spectrum they fall into.

Also, criticizing ideas isn't the same as censoring ideas, and shouldn't be misconstrued as such. Another thing both sides have done at times.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like voluntary censorship.
In forums, I like moderation keep things about
the issues....or if otherwise, then at least civil & productive.
The quality of this varies with the venue, but it's useful.
Out in the real world, I prefer a wild west environment.

Last edited:

Laika

Premium Member
Liberalism is highly influenced by cultural Marxism. It seeks to destroy the church, the family, the community and the individual and mold everyone into depending fully on the state.

600px-Declaration_independence.jpg

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one class to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the station to which the laws of history entitle them, it is politically correct that they should declare the causes which impel them to their emancipation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that mankind evolved equal and are endowed with certain unalienable rights, that among these rights are free healthcare and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, economies are planned, deriving their just powers from the consent of the working classes, That whenever any system becomes destructive to these ends, it is necessary for the proletariat to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new system, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that banks long established will demand not be short-changed for what they believe are light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer exploitation and oppression, while these evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off the man, and to provide the vanguard for their future security. Workers of the World, Unite. You have nothing to loose but your chains, you have world to gain.

If only. ;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
600px-Declaration_independence.jpg

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one class to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the station to which the laws of history entitle them, it is politically correct that they should declare the causes which impel them to their emancipation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that mankind evolved equal and are endowed with certain unalienable rights, that among these rights are free healthcare and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, economies are planned, deriving their just powers from the consent of the working classes, That whenever any system becomes destructive to these ends, it is necessary for the proletariat to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new system, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that banks long established will demand not be short-changed for what they believe are light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer exploitation and oppression, while these evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off the man, and to provide the vanguard for their future security. Workers of the World, Unite. You have nothing to loose but your chains, you have world to gain.

If only. ;)
I still hold hope that one day we will get tired of giving power to just a few, and realize it needs to be spread around. But I do not think we will willfully lift the veils of ignorance that keep us distracted, they will be purged in a fiery inferno once there is no longer any way to rebuild the house of glass cards. We'll realize our gods are more trouble than their worth, slay them all, and realize their is strength and progress in unity, not needlessly divide ourselves over pointless labels. Economies will be planned, because that plan will include education for all, and if you think capitalism caused impressive things, just wait until there is hardly a single intelligent aspiring astronomer that is not educated. When nearly every tinkerer is educated in what all those parts, chips, and other things do? Just think what we will accomplish when money isn't our motivation, and material possessions a sign of success, but having value based on improving and contributing to the community? What kind of a world would it be where people are taken care of, basic needs are met, and "financial burden" is never a reason that gets in the way of helping?

Mercy Not Sacrifice

It's true, in some cases, that liberals damage free speech.

I was actually banned from Unite Against Fascism's Facebook page. They wanted to prevent a French Nationalist from delivering a lecture at Oxford University by petition and demonstration. I pointed out that this was against the spirit of free-speech, and that the idiom 'the only good fascist is a dead fascist' was itself fascism.

Liberals are extremely anti free speech when the speech conflicts with their own values. They are no different from the people they hate.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22590-1375233497-1.gif

When conservatives do it to liberals, it's "freedom of religion"/"free speech"/insert RWTP here.
When liberals do it to conservatives, it's purse-kewtion/tyranny/big guv'mint soshalist librulism.

The double-standard that most conservatives choose to cling to is laughably absurd.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Okay so, if feminism can be hated, talked about as being nothing but bull****, said we are nothing but man-hating ball-crushing ugly hairy women who can't get laid and just want to destroy men and manhood everywhere, that's free speech right?

But if I dare say speech like that is sexist or hyperbolic or misrepresentative, I'm suddenly declaring to destroy the first amendment?

Whatever. Say what you want about me as a feminist. I've heard it all before. I reserve the right to say what I want about anti-feminists. There's freedom of speech at work.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from counter-arguments.

I get an absolute kick out of emotionally fragile males who believe the delusion that feminist values and fulfilling, heterosexual intercourse are somehow mutually exclusive.

Cause, see, I'm a living counterexample of that myth. :)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I get an absolute kick out of emotionally fragile males who believe the delusion that feminist values and fulfilling, heterosexual intercourse are somehow mutually exclusive.

Cause, see, I'm a living counterexample of that myth. :)

I dare say, my dear, that you've discovered one of the hottest things about feminism.

Consensual and enthusiastic sex WITHOUT shaming tactics by an entire culture.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

I dare say, my dear, that you've discovered one of the hottest things about feminism.

Consensual and enthusiastic sex WITHOUT shaming tactics by an entire culture.

Indeed. When you have that, the range of things you and your partner or partners can do without fear of being shamed by those around you does not shrink: It grows. Considerably.

Aquitaine

Actually the liberals are the PC police.

If you don't see how the liberal movement has helped destroy many good things in society then there's no point arguing with you. The destruction of religion is a huge part of the liberal movement. The destruction of fidelity, family, structure and discipline is a huge part of the liberal movement. Morality is relative, there's no such thing as right and wrong. Just do what feels right or more like what liberals label as right. Then there's massive handouts, which destroy peoples will to work, to innovate and grow. You destroy the community by destroying the structures which build communities, like hard word and family and tradition. You destroy the individual by not allowing any true free thinking. And you create a new world based on your own liberal bias.

You are the typical liberal, who cannot accept that his own view is flawed.

Oh the irony! :D

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Liberals are extremely anti free speech when the speech conflicts with their own values. They are no different from the people they hate.
This goes both ways and isn't something unique to liberals alone.