• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free will and no God

AdamEve

I would just like to ask those who beleive in free will but do not beleive in God to tell how do they think that free will got into us, was created, who has free will (people, animals, plants, atoms).

Thanks

krsnaraja

I would just like to ask those who beleive in free will but do not beleive in God to tell how do they think that free will got into us, was created, who has free will (people, animals, plants, atoms).

Thanks

Freewill although wont cost you nothing is not for free. God gave us the !0 commandments. So we have no freewill to kill, commit adultery, etc. If you really follow your freewill, you`ll go to jail. That`s not freewill. Then what is it?

AdamEve

Freewill although wont cost you nothing is not for free. God gave us the !0 commandments. So we have no freewill to kill, commit adultery, etc. If you really follow your freewill, you`ll go to jail. That`s not freewill. Then what is it?

As i understand those that beleive in free will the point is that you can choose to do right or wrong. Free will allows you not to follow 10 commandmends and go to hell. Our whole justice system is based on this presumptions. People are being sent to jail with the explanation that they could have chosen not to do the crime. Many on the power don't really beleive this but they feel thath they have to protect people from determism which, in their eyes, would destroy jutice system.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Most definitions of Free Will can only be made to work as a limitation for the power of God. Even then, they are in my experience vague to the extreme.

So would you perhaps want to define Free Will for the purposes of this thread?

AdamEve

So would you perhaps want to define Free Will for the purposes of this thread?

I don't beleive in free will.
I know that people who beleive in God think that free will was given by God.
But I am not aware of any explantion of free will by those who don't beleive in God and I know there are many such people.
So I was wondering how they try to handle it.

krsnaraja

As i understand those that beleive in free will the point is that you can choose to do right or wrong. Free will allows you not to follow 10 commandmends and go to hell. Our whole justice system is based on this presumptions. People are being sent to jail with the explanation that they could have chosen not to do the crime. Many on the power don't really beleive this but they feel thath they have to protect people from determism which, in their eyes, would destroy jutice system.

Can freewill defeat or win against money talks?