• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

French are now bombing

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
The French are now bombing ISIS!

This is big news. I am surprised. Welcome to the war, France! Looks like Obama is getting some coalition going. But I am sort of with a lot of Republicans who do not think arming Syrian rebels thing is a good idea, how do we know who is a "good Muslim rebel" and a "bad Muslim rebel"?

That aside, the French are engaging air strikes this very moment.
I salute the TriColour, bombs away.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The French are now bombing ISIS!

This is big news. I am surprised. Welcome to the war, France! Looks like Obama is getting some coalition going. But I am sort of with a lot of Republicans who do not think arming Syrian rebels thing is a good idea, how do we know who is a "good Muslim rebel" and a "bad Muslim rebel"?

That aside, the French are engaging air strikes this very moment.
I salute the TriColour, bombs away.

I'm worried for the poor people living in the area though, I do understand why the coalition do not wish to send ground forces - but trying to break such a large scale occupation with air power will create hell for the civilian population.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I understand your points Buny, but this is a constant learning curve no one really wants, and despite some old school generals the fact is the use of boots on the ground in a big way doesn't exactly work out long term. So the coalition is going to try some new things, including arming and independence of Kurds who are great peoples.

There will be limited boots coming, but a slight delay because they will be coming with a new assault rifle that makes the old Browning look tame. This thing is a game changer. And will require less boots.

Personally, we might see more use of the elite Sikhs now in the US military. They know how to fight, in conjunction with the Americans, Brits, Scots and French, and others including the talks with the elite Nepali gurkhas and Shia Muslims, there will be boots but in a new way.

I don't want to see non-ISIS Iraqis get hit, and I am personally sympathetic with many innocent Shias who are being exterminated by the cultists. This will need to be fought a little different this time. Random carpet bombing breeds the next generation of terrorists.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I understand your points Buny, but this is a constant learning curve no one really wants, and despite some old school generals the fact is the use of boots on the ground in a big way doesn't exactly work out long term. So the coalition is going to try some new things, including arming and independence of Kurds who are great peoples.

There will be limited boots coming, but a slight delay because they will be coming with a new assault rifle that makes the old Browning look tame. This thing is a game changer. And will require less boots.

Personally, we might see more use of the elite Sikhs now in the US military. They know how to fight, in conjunction with the Americans, Brits, Scots and French, and others including the talks with the elite Nepali gurkhas and Shia Muslims, there will be boots but in a new way.

I don't want to see non-ISIS Iraqis get hit, and I am personally sympathetic with many innocent Shias who are being exterminated by the cultists. This will need to be fought a little different this time. Random carpet bombing breeds the next generation of terrorists.

An independant Kurdish nation would be beneficial to regional stability, and long overdue. Interesting to see the US allied with Iran - that was a shock I'm sure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is weird.
I'm currently wearing a shirt issued by Mambo (Australian company) to protest
French nuclear tests in the south seas. It has pix of tropical flowers, Frenchmen
holding nuclear bombs, & surfers riding bombs.
It's a rare shirt....can't even find a pic of it on line.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
This is weird.
I'm currently wearing a shirt issued by Mambo (Australian company) to protest
French nuclear tests in the south seas. It has pix of tropical flowers, Frenchmen
holding nuclear bombs, & surfers riding bombs.
It's a rare shirt....can't even find a pic of it on line.

Damn, I want that shirt!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Damn, I want that shirt!
They come up on ebay every few years.
Automated searches got me 2 of them.
Mambo is known for outrageously loud shirts.
And this is one of their tamer ones!

As a tool designer & collector, I've considered buying a shirt called "Spanner Girl".
It's a naked woman riding an end wrench up up & away.

Clothing can say who we are.
Don't just blend in.
Make a loud statement.
Dare to wear!

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
They come up on ebay every few years.
Automated searches got me 2 of them.
Mambo is known for outrageously loud shirts.
And this is one of their tamer ones!

As a tool designer & collector, I've considered buying a shirt called "Spanner Girl".
It's a naked woman riding an end wrench up up & away.

Clothing can say who we are.
Don't just blend in.
Make a loud statement.
Dare to wear!

Can you give me a link to the shirt on eBay?

I agree with you, too. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can you give me a link to the shirt on eBay?

I agree with you, too. :)
There are none on ebay at the moment.
You'd need to create a followed search with email notification for a syntax such as:
mambo shirt (french,frenchman,frenchmen,nuclear,bomb,bombs) -(t,tee)

Their sizes run big. I can wear a small & medium, but in other brands I'm L & XL.