• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FYI - had surgery.....success!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh....word of advice.

Don't go back to work the day after surgery. Yikes. Talk about a setback in recovery.

Mystic just had an epiphany - this is probably the root of it all...I PUSH myself until I collapse.

Hunh.

Weeeeellllll I look at it this way - I never know when my last day is on this precious Earth. I have people to glomp. I'll just temporarily glomp with less force. :p

Me Myself

Back to my username
Some of you have known of my struggles with my health. There's been eating disorders, stress-related sicknesses, and reproductive health problems with my endocrine systems and my menstrual cycles.

Well, yesterday it looks as if yet another one of these problems has bitten the dust. I had a D&C hysteroscopy and outpatient surgery that removed nodules, a nasty polyp, and fibroids from my uterus. My cycles should be better now without the excessive amount of pain and nausea that I have experienced for the last 27 years.

And thank Buddha for pain meds. That's all I have to say during my recovery. :D

So, thank you to those who have known, who have kept me in your thoughts and prayers, and who have sent good vibes throughout the times when I've struggled. I like knowing that I'll be feeling better, but it puts a damper on my anger. What am I ever going to do now that I should be without pain?

Be happy? How am I to live life when there's less suffering? Oh woe is me...... :p

Love you all. :hugehug:

Congrats! :D

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this does the trick for you, sister!

blackout

Violet.
I had no idea you've been struggling with health issues,
and pain and all that comes with it.

I'm so glad to hear you're on the road to alleviating
a significant part of it.

Health problems, and pain are so exhausting in every way.
Physically, emotionally, mentally.
And not knowing what is causing them or what can be done
is frustrating.

:hugehug: for a fast and thorough recovery!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I had no idea you've been struggling with health issues,
and pain and all that comes with it.

I'm so glad to hear you're on the road to alleviating
a significant part of it.

Health problems, and pain are so exhausting in every way.
Physically, emotionally, mentally.
And not knowing what is causing them or what can be done
is frustrating.

:hugehug: for a fast and thorough
recovery!

Thanks Vi!

Really, only a very small handful of people knew online AND offline. Even my husband at times didn't know until he'd find me off in another room somewhere, and I'd be breathing through it, and he felt helpless sometimes not knowing what to do. :(

So, you know, even though I personally would have preferred to just be by myself, without distractions, I'd let him hold me. I'd breathe, and cry, and he'd silently let a few tears fall too. Those moments were difficult for him because he wanted so badly to take away the pain and sickness. But I think how we got through those moments together helped strengthen our marriage.

But....tbh....he maybe knew about a fraction of the time. This has been MY hand that I've been dealt. I reach out when I'm beyond my capability to handle it, and when others are aware, I let them help when I think it's truly for the best.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Pathology report came back.

Everything but the fibroids is normal (yay!) Right around the cervix is where it's inconclusive (boo!). So here we go into Round 2.

There's no giving up now, y'all! We're still just getting started!

Or so it seems. More updates to come when I know.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
So what does that mean for you? What's involved in Round 2?

More tests. Probably another hysteroscopy. And then whatever procedure is needed as a result of the tests.

But, hey...if I've got less pain now than before (which I do), it's already a major step forward.

We'll see what the future holds.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Hope they get it sorted soon, hanging around is always worrying.
Any reason why they did not do a hysterectomy and get it over with. My late wife became a new woman after hers. No pain, no worry no problem.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I hope it goes well. You're making progress, right?

So far so good. Any day above ground is a good one. :)

Hope they get it sorted soon, hanging around is always worrying.
Any reason why they did not do a hysterectomy and get it over with. My late wife became a new woman after hers. No pain, no worry no problem.

Hysterectomy is a last resort, T. It hasn't even been mentioned as an option, given that the problems are 99% localized. The next round of tests should rule out whether anything is spreading/growing.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Sorry Heather, I didn't know you were having all of these health problems. I hope you have a speedy recovery and hope that you get everything taken care of with ease. Hopefully this next procedure you get will be the last time you gotta go through something like this.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Good luck, Heather. I hope all works out well. And I'm glad to hear you're in less pain.