• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gen Z and LGBTQ+ identity

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Nobody is forcing anything on you. Do you feel threatened in some way? Why can't you just accept others for what they say they are? (Rather like you expect of others towards you)
Absolutely not.

I respect people's choice.
What I don't understand is vagueness and secrecy.

People are not clear about their own sex life, about their own identity.
If you can't clarify what you are or who you are, or what you want, how can you expect others to accept you? ;)

Bthoth

*banned*
Nobody is forcing anything on you. Do you feel threatened in some way? Why can't you just accept others for what they say they are? (Rather like you expect of others towards you)

Forcing people to accept a lie, is not just wrong, it is practically evil. It's about like requiring a person to accept genesis as true or else be fed to the lions.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It is very vague and that's somewhat on purpose. It's very politicized, much like how pansexual is the politicized version of bisexual.
My oldest came out along with my niece(his cousin). He's never really understood gender(as in, he's always struggled to tell who is male or female), and sometimes has difficulty with language.

But, she pushed them both out. She said they were pansexual, and I didn't know what that meant. She was happy to explain it, and then gave me detailed labels for everyone in her household. I told her I only liked my husband, Sam, and asked what that made me. She burst into giggles and said "you're Samsexual!"

After she went home, my son told me "Mom... I'm really just bisexual, because even though [niece's name] keeps telling me I'm pansexual, I don't really understand what it means."

I guess there's a difference for some, but it seems confusing for others.

Bthoth

*banned*
What I have always wondered is the collective grouping of the L with the G then B with the T's?

Next MAGA will be assimilate with the Commies and the LEFT will turn religious.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
People are not clear about their own sex life, about their own identity.
If you can't clarify what you are or who you are, how can you expect others to accept you? ;)
Why on earth does anyone have to be "clear" (public pronouncement?) about their sex life?
Why can't you "accept" someone unless you have one of your limited/limiting boxes to put them into, in respect of their private/intimate life? Perhaps the person is unsure themselves, or working it through or simply that it's got nothing to do with complete strangers.
I'm not under any obligation or have any urge to declare to you, by whatever means, what or who I am. Feel free to not "accept" me.
I genuinely can't comprehend what your concern is over this. The endless winking emojis don't help.

Bthoth

*banned*
Why on earth does anyone have to be "clear" (public pronouncement?) about their sex life?
So then why join LBGT or even play the part of trans.
Why can't you "accept" someone unless you have one of your limited/limiting boxes to put them into, in respect of their private/intimate life? Perhaps the person is unsure themselves, or working it through or simply that it's got nothing to do with complete strangers.

Most are like you and dont care to get into anothers private business. Where it is ugly is trying to force others to accept the misleading beliefs one can have of themselves. Imagine if the + of the LBGT label is the 'god syndrome'.
I'm not under any obligation or have any urge to declare to you, by whatever means, what or who I am. Feel free to not "accept" me.
Fair

I genuinely can't comprehend what your concern is over this.
I have had the same issue, during the last 25 yrs. Why is 'coming out' even important?

Be happy (gay) on your own terms.

vulcanlogician

I'm actually on the wagon. Trying to reduce my C intake.

One tip for helping in that regard is to wait a half hour to an hour after you wake up before having your first cup.

I'm an espresso head who can easily consume 12 shots a day (and that's typical for me). At certain points in my life I've wanted to cut down on caffeine. Here are three more things that worked for me.

1) Make a cut off point (ie. no coffee after 11 am).
2) Caffeine withdrawal can cause headaches. Have some Tylenol or ibuprofen handy.
3) Switch to tea in order to ween yourself off. (I assume you drink coffee). Tea has less caffeine than coffee, but it does have SOME. And the "sipping a hot beverage" (psychological) component of drinking tea will help with the "habitual" aspect of the addiction to coffee. If you want to go further, move on to green tea after that which has even less caffeine.

Hope that helps!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I'm actually on the wagon. Trying to reduce my C intake.
I accidentally ran out of caff coffee one weekend a few years ago and consequently had the most splitting headache of my life. I took this as a hint from my body to give up on the caffeine and so went perma-decaff. (I just made that term up :smilecat: )

Bthoth

*banned*
One tip for helping in that regard is to wait a half hour to an hour after you wake up before having your first cup.

I'm an espresso head who can easily consume 12 shots a day (and that's typical for me). At certain points in my life I've wanted to cut down on caffeine. Here are three more things that worked for me.

1) Make a cut off point (ie. no coffee after 11 am).
2) Caffeine withdrawal can cause headaches. Have some Tylenol or ibuprofen handy.
3) Switch to tea in order to ween yourself off. (I assume you drink coffee). Tea has less caffeine than coffee, but it does have SOME. And the "sipping a hot beverage" (psychological) component of drinking tea will help with the "habitual" aspect of the addiction to coffee. If you want to go further, move on to green tea after that which has even less caffeine.

Hope that helps!
Now those are great ideas.

Maybe, my comments are being affected.

Pastak v'dora lashe.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I genuinely can't comprehend what your concern is over this. The endless winking emojis don't help.

Exactly my thoughts, you spared me having to post them myself. Thank you.

And the winking emojis are a tell.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I'm not a demographer, but I try to keep an eye on population trends related to U.S. society. A 2021 Gallup poll (summary linked below) finds that Gen Zers (Generation Z comprises people born between 1996 and 2010.) are more likely to identify with the LGBTQ+ community than the generations that came before them.

One hypothesis I had is perhaps it has become more socially acceptable to "come out" and openly be a part of that community than it was in previous generations. We are certainly living through a backlash to that cultural change in the U.S.; I don't think the rising numbers are because of Drag Queen Story Hours or "liberal indoctrination", though.

The overall percentage of LGBTQ+ people in the U.S. is 7.1% (see 2022 article here: LGBT Identification in U.S. Ticks Up to 7.1%).

Story on Gen Z here: https://www.axios.com/2022/02/17/lgbtq-generation-z-gallup

I started reading Jean Twenge's Generations last night. She's an author and psychology professor at SDSU, and I'll have to see if at some point she brings this up when talking about Gen Z.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 12.53.40 PM.png