• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gender reassignment/affirming surgery

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Is this really how you want to try to wiggle out of our conversation where we're examining just one of your examples that you keep citing? You're now going to accuse a woman of "desperately" trying to make it easier for bad men to abuse me? Like, for real?

Let me know when you're able to address the "examples" that you think demonstrate how harmful this all supposedly is to women, that you keep demanding that others look into. Until that happens, I don't think you get to claim that you've made your case that transgender stuff helps "bad men abuse women."
Did you open the link, scroll to the top, and read the entire thread?

I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing here. Did you read about Isla Bryson? Or Katie Dolatowski? Or Samantha Norris who exposed "her" penis to two 11 year old girls? And so on.

Did you read the link I provided?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Ah, that makes sense.

Nothing personal, but the only time I'm interested in debating with a moral relativist is in the philosophy forum. So in all other forums, if you respond to me from a relativist perspective, I will not engage. Again, nothing personal, thanks.

Yeah, I get it. You don't base that on feelings at all, but rather on scientific falsifacition and evidence. ;)

icehorse

Premium Member
Yeah, I get it. You don't base that on feelings at all, but rather on scientific falsifacition and evidence. ;)
Not at all. I think that anyone who argues from the perspective of moral relativism has a very strong argument.

But I also think that such arguments severely restrict getting anything useful done.

In other words, I think moral relativism can be used to throw a spanner in the works of most any plan.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Not at all. I think that anyone who argues from the perspective of moral relativism has a very strong argument.

But I also think that such arguments severely restrict getting anything useful done.

In other words, I think moral relativism can be used to throw a spanner in the works of most any plan.

The probleim is what is the status of useful?
Relative or absolute? Or what ever as sometimes the one or the other.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing here. Did you read about Isla Bryson? Or Katie Dolatowski? Or Samantha Norris who exposed "her" penis to two 11 year old girls? And so on.

I read the one I quoted to you and asked you what it was supposed to mean.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
@mikkel_the_dane

When I click on your link it goes to a twitter post by JK Rowlings.
There is no scrolling up or down.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So you asked for more examples, I gave them to you in an easily digestible form, and you didn't read them?
What I asked you for, was to explain to me what the example was talking about. He didn't make much sense to me.
I didn't ask for other examples. I'm still on the one I was asking you to parse.

icehorse

Premium Member
This too ^^
When I click on your link it goes to a twitter post by JK Rowlings.
There is no scrolling up or down.
I've attached a picture of what the link looks like on my browser when the page is first opened. Then I just scroll up to see the 10 specific examples. I have an old computer, if the page scrolls up for me, I'd be surprised if it didn't do the same for you?

Attachments

• jkr-willoughby.jpeg
    jkr-willoughby.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 29

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I've attached a picture of what the link looks like on my browser when the page is first opened. Then I just scroll up to see the 10 specific examples. I have an old computer, if the page scrolls up for me, I'd be surprised if it didn't do the same for you?
Nope. It's just the one photo with the text.

That is the one I was asking you to parse because it doesn't make sense to me. It's the only one I can see.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It could be because I do not now nor will I ever have a Twitter account?

We Never Know

No Slack
What link are youns talking about. Now I'm curious what it looks like to me.

icehorse

Premium Member
Well, that would suck if the last several pages of back and forth were due to a lack of Twitter accounts....
i'm glad we're clearing this up.

i've attached screen shots of what I thought you all had access to..

Attachments

• jkr-1.jpeg
    jkr-1.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 30
  • jkr-2.jpeg
    jkr-2.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 30
  • jkr-3.jpeg
    jkr-3.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 28
  • jkr-4.jpeg
    jkr-4.jpeg