• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genealology of biblical characters

sniper762

i have been studying the genealogy of the biblical characters for over 20 years. everything that ive seen dates adam back to about 4000bc. although many on this board try to place adam at much earlier dates in order to accept the toe.

can anyone provide any solid historical evidence that substanciates adam's existence before 4000bc?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
can anyone provide any solid historical evidence that substanciates adam's existence before 4000bc?
I'd love for anyone on this forum to provide solid historical evidence for the existence of Adam. lets begin with that.

sniper762

adam's existence is only biblical, however his genealogy of his offspring, such as king david, solomon even up to king herod in the nt is substanciated by historical evidence as well as recorded in the bible.

google "kings of israel" for one

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
i have been studying the genealogy of the biblical characters for over 20 years. everything that ive seen dates adam back to about 4000bc. although many on this board try to place adam at much earlier dates in order to accept the toe.

Why is this in the Evolution vs. Creation section?
Unless you have hard scientific proof of the existence of Adam, I mean, other than Biblical reference.
Otherwise this is just a scriptural debate.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
adam's existence is only biblical, however his genealogy of his offspring, such as king david, solomon even up to king herod in the nt is substanciated by historical evidence as well as recorded in the bible.

Please provide this historical evidence.

sniper762

tumbleweed, this thread is titled "evolution verses creationism"

my post is in question of just that.

its childish to attempt to dismiss something just because one cant explain it.

sniper762

Originally Posted by sniper762

what part of ONLY do you not understand?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
what part of ONLY do you not understand?

Here are your own words:

adam's existence is only biblical, however his genealogy of his offspring, such as king david, solomon even up to king herod in the nt is substanciated by historical evidence
Back it up with the historical evidence you talk about, or back down.

sniper762

if interested, one could research for themselves. we live in a highly technological information age. no need to remain ignorant.

Skwim

Veteran Member

So what is the extra-biblical historical evidence for the these genealogies? Where, for instance, is the historical evidence that Cain was the father of Enoch?

sniper762

keep going, eventually you will understand my op.

as i said, the ONLY historical evidence other than the bible begins at david's time.

but why do all subjects concerning biblical characters agree to adam's age and how could it relate to prehistoric, neanderthal man?

Skwim

Veteran Member
keep going, eventually you will understand my op.

as i said, the ONLY historical evidence other than the bible begins at david's time.

No you didn't.

You said "
"adam's existence is only biblical, however his genealogy of his offspring, such as king david, solomon even up to king herod in the nt is substanciated by historical evidence as well as recorded in the bible."
"his [Adam's] genealogy of his offspring . . . is substanciated by historical evidence as well as recorded in the bible."

Adam's genealogy includes far more than just those offspring from king David forward. Adam's genealogy includes everyone from his son Cain on up.

sniper762

adam's lineage can not be "proven" to a non-believer, merely accepted thru faith by christians.

however, i take the view thru MY theory that evolutionists AND christian beliefs can coexist without contradiction.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Why is this in the Evolution vs. Creation section?
Unless you have hard scientific proof of the existence of Adam, I mean, other than Biblical reference.
Otherwise this is just a scriptural debate.

tumbleweed, this thread is titled "evolution verses creationism"

my post is in question of just that.

its childish to attempt to dismiss something just because one cant explain it.
Explain what? You asked for, basically, a scriptural debate on Adam existing more than 6000 years ago.
What myself and others have asked you is, what evidence, other than scripture, is there to substantiate a claim that Adam existed at all?
You even dismiss skeptics with the lame "adam's lineage can not be "proven" to a non-believer, merely accepted thru faith by christians."[sic]
In other words, if one does not accept the Bible as the revealed revelation of God, then you have no basis for a historical claim of Adams existence.
So perhaps "Same Faith Debates" or "Scriptural Debate" may be a better section for you. Since you have presented nothing to make this an "Evolution vs Creationism" topic.