• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genealology of biblical characters

sniper762

tumbleweed, this is MY thread. if you dont think it relavent to you. then i suggest that YOU go elsewhere,

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
tumbleweed, this is MY thread. if you dont think it relavent to you. then i suggest that YOU go elsewhere,

Touchy...:sarcastic

Can you please explain the relevance of this...

can anyone provide any solid historical evidence that substanciates adam's existence before 4000bc?

...to the Evolution vs Creationism debate?

And can you, without relying on the Bible, provide any historical or biological evidence for the existence of Adam?

sniper762

many on this board say that they support the biblical creation story as well as science's toe.

i simply wish for someone to explain HOW they put the two toether based on the difference in the time frame.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
many on this board say that they support the biblical creation story as well as science's toe.

i simply wish for someone to explain HOW they put the two toether based on the difference in the time frame.
Because those who embrace Theistic Evolution see the Bible stories, including genealogies, as being allegorical rather than literal.

RedOne77

i have been studying the genealogy of the biblical characters for over 20 years. everything that ive seen dates adam back to about 4000bc. although many on this board try to place adam at much earlier dates in order to accept the toe.

can anyone provide any solid historical evidence that substanciates adam's existence before 4000bc?

Perhaps a good place to start is showing that Adam actually existed in the first place. Just a suggestion. I don't know too many TEs that think Adam was a literal person, although they are out there, and even these people put some form of allegory into the Genesis stories.

sniper762

are you implying that bible believing christians believe the creation of adam to be allegoric?

i am one of the above AND a theistic evolutionist

i dont find the bible to be allegoric and i also believe in toe.

RedOne77

are you implying that bible believing christians believe the creation of adam to be allegoric?

Some. Like my pastor now, and my pastor before, and the pastor in charge my church before that.

i am one of the above AND a theistic evolutionist

i dont find the bible to be allegoric and i also believe in toe.

Interesting. How do you resolve the issue?

sniper762

you should understand by now that religion, including the biblical creation story is a FAITH BASED belief. its not very feasable to ask for "proof", although folks continue to.

my connection of christianity AND science is also FAITH BASED.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Do you accept every item written in the Bible to be a literalistic truth?

you should understand by now that religion, including the biblical creation story is a FAITH BASED belief. its not very feasable to ask for "proof", although folks continue to.

my connection of christianity AND science is also FAITH BASED.

sniper762

some scriptures are stated by the author to be parables, not to be taken literaly.

some are metaphoric. some are literaly describing someone, someplace or something.

knowledge, wisdom and spirituality will present them to the reader approprietly.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
some scriptures are stated by the author to be parables, not to be taken literaly.

some are metaphoric. some are literaly describing someone, someplace or something.

knowledge, wisdom and spirituality will present them to the reader approprietly.
So then your answer is, "No, I do not take every word of the Bible as literalistic truth."

Correct?

sniper762

i answered your question MY WAY. it shouldnt take a rocket scientist to understand what im saying.

i concider yes and no answers to be quite basic and funndamental, used by those not having the ability explain themselves adequately.

sorry thats not me

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

So then your answer is, "No, I do not take every word of the Bible as literalistic truth."

Correct?

i answered your question MY WAY. it shouldnt take a rocket scientist to understand what im saying.

i concider yes and no answers to be quite basic and funndamental, used by those not having the ability explain themselves adequately.

sorry thats not me

Nor is capitalization, punctuation or spelling. But I digress.

As I understand it, through your research and study, along with your spiritual insight, you have been able to discern what in the Bible is literal truth, what is meaningful parable, and and what is metaphorical or allegorical.

It is through this process that you have been able to, in your own way, accept both a form of Creationism, and many of the explanations in the Theory of Evolution.

sniper762

you got it. now that wasnt too hard now was it?

and as for my gramatical errors.....im doing the best that i can with only one arm and one finger. sorry

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Nor is capitalization, punctuation or spelling. But I digress.

As I understand it, through your research and study, along with your spiritual insight, you have been able to discern what in the Bible is literal truth, what is meaningful parable, and and what is metaphorical or allegorical.

It is through this process that you have been able to, in your own way, accept both a form of Creationism, and many of the explanations in the Theory of Evolution.

you got it. now that wasnt too hard now was it?

Yet you fail to understand how most Theistic Evolutionists can come to their own conclusions in the same manner?
sniper said:
:shrug:
and as for my gramatical errors.....im doing the best that i can with only one arm and one finger. sorry

Sorry about your disability, but don't dish it out if you can't take it.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
when have i dished out errors?
Not talking about your errors here...

its childish to attempt to dismiss something just because one cant explain it.

if interested, one could research for themselves. we live in a highly technological information age. no need to remain ignorant.

keep going, eventually you will understand my op.

sorry thats not me

But back to my question.

Do you not understand how most Theistic Evolutionists can come to their own conclusions in the same manner?

sniper762

those are not related to gramatical errors, merely rebuttles to previous offensive posts to me.

again, your question? how else can one reach a conclusion?

evolved yet?

A Young Evolutionist
Perhaps a good place to start is showing that Adam actually existed in the first place. Just a suggestion. I don't know too many TEs that think Adam was a literal person, although they are out there, and even these people put some form of allegory into the Genesis stories.
Adama in Hebrew means "Earth".
Eve in Hebrew means "to give life".