• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Santos indicted.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think its about time for this. No idea how it will play out within the rep house.

It's just as well. I got the sense that even the Republicans were embarrassed by him, but kept him around since they needed his vote in the House. We've all seen some pretty low lows in politics lately, but this Santos case seems especially low. Not just from the charges themselves, but the lies he told to get elected and then tries to handwave it away - with the Republicans in the House going along with it. But there's also a degree of brazen incompetence and stupidity attached to this. I mean, we haven't even gotten to the six-month mark of his term, and he's already arrested.

I used to think Arizona politics was somewhat unique and entertaining to a degree. But now, the craziness is nationwide, while Arizona is starting to appear almost "normal" by comparison.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
We've all seen some pretty low lows in politics lately, but this Santos case seems especially low. ...
It is especially stupid but, compared to Trump, it is in no way especially low.

So, for example, an analysis was published in the Washington Post under the headline:

Trump's false or misleading claims total over 30,573 over 4 years

And this is old news, published back on January 24, 2021.

Santos is a pitifully sick joke; Trump is a dangerously malignant jerk.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is especially stupid but, compared to Trump, it is in no way especially low.

So, for example, an analysis was published in the Washington Post under the headline:

Trump's false or misleading claims total over 30,573 over 4 years

And this is old news, published back on January 24, 2021.

Santos is a pitifully sick joke; Trump is a dangerously malignant jerk.
We jerks take offense at that remark!!

F1fan

Veteran Member
The thing about Trump, Santos, MTG, Geatz, and other MAGAs is that it makes the reublican extremists look somewhat normal, even though they are dangerous too. I have no idea what the 2024 election will look like but I have a suspicion it will make 2020 look tame. Trump's followers are crazy, and that they are still backing him as he faces more and more criminal jeopardy suggests these MAGAs are not dealing from a full deck. I think they would do anything to get Trump in the White House because if he is in there they have a 'get out of jail free' card. I think there is a dangerous future, and I don't see reason working it out.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That doesn't matter. If Hunter Biden broke the law he should be charged. If Joe Biden broke the law he should be charged.
I know, but I get a bit tired of the Tu Quoque fallacies used to try to take the heat off from quote a few Republicans. Perhaps they should be limited to have a particular Democrat matched up to only one particular Republican. Let's say we pair Hunter with Santos. That means when that Hunter cannot be mentioned when we discuss the various Republicans that seem to have colluded to some degree with the January 6th insurrectionists. Hunter should be a very limited get out of jail free card.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay my friends and I often joke that our politicians are all crooks. But this is something else, guys
Damn!

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I know, but I get a bit tired of the Tu Quoque fallacies used to try to take the heat off from quote a few Republicans. Perhaps they should be limited to have a particular Democrat matched up to only one particular Republican. Let's say we pair Hunter with Santos. That means when that Hunter cannot be mentioned when we discuss the various Republicans that seem to have colluded to some degree with the January 6th insurrectionists. Hunter should be a very limited get out of jail free card.
I get that. You and I know that when things like this are mentioned in the context of a Republican it is less than sincere. We know that if Trump didn't just lose in court they wouldn't be talking about Tara Reade right now.

But that doesn't mean that Hunter Biden is not guilty. And it doesn't mean that Tara Reade is lying. And hey, I think the President ought to be investigated just on principle.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I get that. You and I know that when things like this are mentioned in the context of a Republican it is less than sincere. We know that if Trump didn't just lose in court they wouldn't be talking about Tara Reade right now.

But that doesn't mean that Hunter Biden is not guilty. And it doesn't mean that Tara Reade is lying. And hey, I think the President ought to be investigated just on principle.
Tara's story has changed over the years and she did not even start her claims until 2019. She was also once found to be guilty of lying under oath which makes her a bit more questionable than the average human being. It is possible that she is telling the truth, but as Trump shows, abusers of women do not tend to do it only once.