• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Santos indicted.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've discovered that doesn't always work. There was a video that was only accessible to the UK, so I switched my VPN to the UK, but then it recognized that I was on a VPN, so I was blocked.
I think that VPN's generate a false address. If too many users have the same false address they know that it is a VPN.

pearl

I used to think Arizona politics was somewhat unique and entertaining to a degree. But now, the craziness is nationwide, while Arizona is starting to appear almost "normal" by comparison.

Certainly not the Republican Arizona of the likes of John Mccain.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Video not available in my country :(
That's too bad. :( You could've heard the always hilarious Bowen Yang as George Santos saying (among many other absurd things): "I graduated on a volleyball scholarship from Baruch atah Adonai University."

What was funniest, for me, was that Bowen pronounces Hebrew far more convincingly than "Jew-ish" Santos has done when sucking up for the Jewish vote.

I'm interested to see how the House expulsion vote goes (today or tomorrow?). Although, I suppose it doesn't take a psychic to predict how the Republicans will vote on that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's too bad. :( You could've heard the always hilarious Bowen Yang as George Santos saying (among many other absurd things): "I graduated on a volleyball scholarship from Baruch atah Adonai University."

What was funniest, for me, was that Bowen pronounces Hebrew far more convincingly than "Jew-ish" Santos has done when sucking up for the Jewish vote.

I'm interested to see how the House expulsion vote goes (today or tomorrow?). Although, I suppose it doesn't take a psychic to predict how the Republicans will vote on that.
I think that even the Republicans know that Santos is a lost cause. It was nice to have their own house . . . ooh, better not use that word. But at any rate Santos was useful for them because they could say 'Hey, we aren't homophobic!" and hold up good old George as their sole example. But the can now see that though it was a nice idea it just did not work out for them. They will have to find another token member of the LBGQT community.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I think that even the Republicans know that Santos is a lost cause. It was nice to have their own house . . . ooh, better not use that word. But at any rate Santos was useful for them because they could say 'Hey, we aren't homophobic!" and hold up good old George as their sole example. But the can now see that though it was a nice idea it just did not work out for them. They will have to find another token member of the LBGQT community.
But here is the problem. They need to find a member of the LBGQT community who has intelligence and integrity and is willing to join the Republican Party.

But at this point no member of the LGBQT that has any intelligence or integrity would have anything to do with the Republican Party.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But here is the problem. They need to find a member of the LBGQT community who has intelligence and integrity and is willing to join the Republican Party.

But at this point no member of the LGBQT that has any intelligence or integrity would have anything to do with the Republican Party.
Wait, you don't think that they wanted a gay person that actually stood up for the gay community did you?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Wait, you don't think that they wanted a gay person that actually stood up for the gay community did you?
I gather you're being ironic. :) Because I'm not aware of any particularly notable recognition that George Santos might have received from the gay community. I am aware, however, that the gay Democratic candidate (Robert Zimmerman) who ran against Santos had in previous years been honored at an LGBT Network Gala as "a prominent national voice for LGBT equality."
Robert Zimmerman LGBT Network Gala Honoree

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I gather you're being ironic. :) Because I'm not aware of any particularly notable recognition that George Santos might have received from the gay community. I am aware, however, that the gay Democratic candidate (Robert Zimmerman) who ran against Santos had in previous years been honored at an LGBT Network Gala as "a prominent national voice for LGBT equality."

Who me? Being ironic on a forum where sometimes people actually think that even when one's tongue is so firmly embedded in one's cheek that it has to be surgically detached and people think that you are being serious since one did not use an emoji?

Never !!!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Just thinking that if one combined George Santos and Robert Zimmerman you would have George Zimmerman:eek::oops:o_O

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Oh, I know a few who are quite conservative, and intelligent. But perhaps you're right -- the Republican Party as it is just now might not be the most attractive place for them. So few of them seem able to think (and act) for themselves and their constituents.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I made no such claim.

You are a smart man. I assume I don't have to explain to you what the word "if" means.
Whether I'm a smart man or not (probably not) is neither here nor there. But how many times have I seen, right here in RF, statements just like yours about "why aren't Joe and Hunter being charged," but I'm still waiting for one poster -- any one will do -- to specify the charges they think they should be charged for.

Rather, what we're being urged, over and over and over again by rabid Republicans, is "go do a deep search and see if you can find anything illegal at all." I daresay, if we were to focus all the investigative power of the state on any of us, they could come up with something -- but is that really how you'd like to see the government use its resources?

Donald Trump, who has endless actual evidence trails leading to him, likes to talk about "witch hunts." But what's being urged against the Bidens is the real witch hunt.