• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George's Up Too Late Journal

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't looked into any of this in almost 20 years, but I know that back then not all of these communities required people to give up their personal property, in fact if I remember right only a few did.

There's a pretty wide variety, with different rules and requirements, different themes.

That was the impression I got, too, but I think Hubby got scared...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That was the impression I got, too, but I think Hubby got scared...
You may have to knock him out. When he wakes up just tell him that the world ended but you guys lucked out and somehow wound up on a self sustaining hippy collective.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You may have to knock him out. When he wakes up just tell him that the world ended but you guys lucked out and somehow wound up on a self sustaining hippy collective.

I'm not sure how long the illusion will last, but it sounds like a lot of fun either way.

Maybe I better choose a place without internet...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I ate too much. I just came off of a 4 day orange fast (where you just eat oranges ) I went into town to get a veggie bowl thinking that would be a good way to break the fast, but the place was closed , so I had 2 big burritos instead.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I ate too much. I just came off of a 4 day orange fast (where you just eat oranges ) I went into town to get a veggie bowl thinking that would be a good way to break the fast, but the place was closed , so I had 2 big burritos instead.

That... would be a mistake. I am surprised you didn't explode!

After the Navaratri fast, both my husband and friend made a similar blunder. I learned my lesson from last year, and broke my fast with lettuce soup with croutons.

Maybe tell him that there are zombies now too.

There isn't already?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Oh yeah, I knew better. But I did it anyway. :p

I understand.

I just mentioned in another thread that I can't figure out why I can go several days without food, but ask me not to go back for seconds, and I can't do it. :shrug:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This is why married guys live longer than unmarried guys: Unmarried guys don't have anyone to nag them into doing what they know theyre suppose to be doing anyway.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand.

I just mentioned in another thread that I can't figure out why I can go several days without food, but ask me not to go back for seconds, and I can't do it. :shrug:
I get that too. If there's no food, it doesn't bother me. but if foods there I have to eat it. And usually I have to eat all of it. :D

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
This is why married guys live longer than unmarried guys: Unmarried guys don't have anyone to nag them into doing what they know theyre suppose to be doing anyway.

I wonder how the statistic is reversed for women.

I get that too. If there's no food, it doesn't bother me. but if foods there I have to eat it. And usually I have to eat all of it. :D

Yes! Its like its a personal challenge!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I think on whole women tend to be less self destructive.

For me I think its a throw back to my hitchhiking days, When it just seemed easier to carry food in my stomach than in my backpack
Or I just have no self control. :p

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I think on whole women tend to be less self destructive.

Kinda. I think they tend to be more likely to mentally self destruct than physically. Less noticeable, and affects longevity less, but there are enough bitter old ladies out there to make me wonder.

For me I think its a throw back to my hitchhiking days, When it just seemed easier to carry food in my stomach than in my backpack

That makes sense. Though, on that note, I've also eaten stuff to get it out of the fridge as well.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
blah, now I have a 4 mile bike ride ahead of me. :p

Think I better get to it before I get any sleepier.

Talk to you later George. :)