• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gettin old

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay that is not unreasonable. The reason that I so strongly advocated that he come out and openly states what he believes is because he was complaining that no one shared his beliefs or anything close to them. One cannot really know that if one does not state what one believes. I can believe that people have hurt you, though you are definitely one of the people that least deserve such treatment here. I was merely pointing out how he will never know if anyone agrees with him if he does not get a bit more public in his beliefs.

I will probably disagree with him, but I do not think that he should leave because of that nor do I think that he should be limited in finding those that would agree with him. I am merely trying to offer help where it seems to be needed.
I think he believes that the world was created in 1980, with the birth of a certain man, and it will all disappear at this man's death. And then the man will live again, and things will restart in 1980.

I don't think he should leave, either. I love the diversity.

Did I get your beliefs correct, @King Phenomenon ?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think he believes that the world was created in 1980, with the birth of a certain man, and it will all disappear at this man's death. And then the man will live again, and things will restart in 1980.

I don't think he should leave, either. I love the diversity.

Did I get your beliefs correct, @King Phenomenon ?
Am I a HE? God help me!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He says, "you have made it foggier".

Jesus and the Father are two.

OMG! Nancy and the Father are two too.

Simple is best. Is that not so?

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know. These people on the forums might be 'anonymous', and no one's going to punch me in the face, but people on these forums have said some things that have really cut me down and hurt me at times... and people have said some things that have kept me going in my darkest hours.

Its not good, in my opinion, to rule out the idea that the words you say on the internet might actually affect someone in 'real life'.

While I'd encourage a person to state what they believe, that can be a very personal thing. I might not want to state something near and dear to people who might say cruel things about it, or me, for believing such.
There has been research indicating that we are more likely to be aggressive, angry and threatening on the internet and that this is making the population worse over time. People take that online behavior with them out into the actual world.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Am I a HE? God help me!
Not you, @King Phenomenon !
There has been research indicating that we are more likely to be aggressive, angry and threatening on the internet and that this is making the population worse over time. People take that online behavior with them out into the actual world.
I wish more would practice being kind on the internet, and take that out into the world.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
You are the only person I have met that thinks the universe was created in 1980. I assume that is the year of your birth or the year of your oldest memory. But I don't know.

The evidence indicates the Earth is 4.6 billion years old so I accept that. Should we ignore the evidence?

What sort of creative alternative would you like?
I was born in 74 and have memories prior to 80

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I shall tell you all what I hate about being kind to The World.

I have donated a little bit to charity that comes as request via the mail.

I donated a little to Green Peace and unfortunately only the computer knew that I had so I kept-on getting more requests for funds in the mail so I called them and said that all this mail is not green so I will add you to my bank debit so to save us all that paper trash.

I have asked a few people if they know about the piles, huge piles (enough to fill a car in six months) of mail asking for money and they say, they have not seen that. Of course, I wonder why.

Then, I ask myself if it is humanly possible to contact by mail fifteen or twenty organization in writing (f*ck that!) to tell them pretty please, stop wasting all your money asking me for more.

I do the math. I have donated a little to some but it seems to me that all the money that I have given all these things is only going to more paper mail.

If you have ever felt guilty about throwing away unsolicited mail without reading it (or taking the free cards, calendars, pens and whatnot)...DON"T!

I have settled on local charities only but it won't stop the paper trash until I take a few days to write to them all. I don't want to.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I shall tell you all what I hate about being kind to The World.

I have donated a little bit to charity that comes as request via the mail.

I donated a little to Green Peace and unfortunately only the computer knew that I had so I kept-on getting more requests for funds in the mail so I called them and said that all this mail is not green so I will add you to my bank debit so to save us all that paper trash.

I have asked a few people if they know about the piles, huge piles (enough to fill a car in six months) of mail asking for money and they say, they have not seen that. Of course, I wonder why.

Then, I ask myself if it is humanly possible to contact by mail fifteen or twenty organization in writing (f*ck that!) to tell them pretty please, stop wasting all your money asking me for more.

I do the math. I have donated a little to some but it seems to me that all the money that I have given all these things is only going to more paper mail.

If you have ever felt guilty about throwing away unsolicited mail without reading it (or taking the free cards, calendars, pens and whatnot)...DON"T!

I have settled on local charities only but it won't stop the paper trash until I take a few days to write to them all. I don't want to.
Responding to sources can be two edged. They may stop contacting you, but now your name is more "valuable" because they know that there is a real person where you live. As a result you get more junk mail. Your best option is probably to "run silent run deep". If anyone sends you anything that you do not want to be associated with just quietly throw it away Where I live we sort our trash. Paper gets recycled so you know that it is not all going to waste. It will reappear as cardboard boxes from Amazon.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I have enough drama in real life that I seek sanity on the internet.
I seek to reduce drama in my life, but it sometimes seeks me out. On rare occasions I am the mechanism of introduction into my life. Not intentionally. It occurs with good intentions and then goes wrong.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Drama sees me and says "look at that sucker there, trying to read a book... lets show her!"
Sometimes, I find this place to be cathartic. Learning something new or examining something I think I know or something I think I know about me.

I find value in that.

Then someone comes along dissing science and I have to go rogue on them. LOL!

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes, I find this place to be cathartic. Learning something new or examining something I think I know or something I think I know about me.

I find value in that.

Then someone comes along dissing science and I have to go rogue on them. LOL!
Sounds like your typical rabbit!