• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghost rules.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Is there a rule that states that a cop that pulls you over.......walking.......at about 2:30 or maybe 4:00 in the morning is a ghost?

yes, in fact you're suppose to just run away as fast as you can and see if they can tackle you.

If they tackle you... it's not a ghost.

gnomon

yes, in fact you're suppose to just run away as fast as you can and see if they can tackle you.

If they tackle you... it's not a ghost.

Fortunately running was not in my vocabulary at the time. Actually I think my vocabulary included something like "Yeshh" and "Ahh noo". Pretty much that. Running. Not even close. Walking required 100% of brain power. Needless to say, this phantom gave me a free ride home.

However.....off topic.....I have to ask this of you. Is that you in your avatar practicing a body cavity search on a pumpkin?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Fortunately running was not in my vocabulary at the time. Actually I think my vocabulary included something like "Yeshh" and "Ahh noo". Pretty much that. Running. Not even close. Walking required 100% of brain power. Needless to say, this phantom gave me a free ride home.

However.....off topic.....I have to ask this of you. Is that you in your avatar practicing a body cavity search on a pumpkin?

Hahaha yeah.

I thought it was a great face. It's the face I make when I read some posts.

"Really? Really??"

logician

There seem to be other "rules", like somebody must have died in a house for a ghost to be there, like a supposed ghost couldn't float accross the street to haunt a house. Also, the creepier the deaths like at Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Louisville, KY, where there were a lot of TB deaths, the more likely it is haunted. Makes sense to me. (NOT).

A

angellous_evangellous

My understanding of the tradition is that ghosts:

1) Are disembodied spirits of people who (typically) died unexpectedly
2) As such, they usually don't know that they are dead
3) Ghosts can sometimes communicate with us, but can cause no harm
4) Most of the time, ghosts will just be doing things (or, rather going through the motions) that they normally would have done while alive

Poltergeists are spirits that can cause harm - sometimes they don't understand that they are causing harm - they can be good natured pranksters or seriously malevolent gouls.

Demons are the most seriously evil aspects of the spiritual world. Their only purpose is to cause harm.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ghost Rule:

1. Ghosts cant be filmed or recorded in any manner.

6. Hate paparrazzi -no XXXX photos!!

haha - Ghost smashes camera because it thinks that the camera / recording device will take its soul.

And, if the device was created by Apple, it will.

logician

My understanding of the tradition is that ghosts:

1) Are disembodied spirits of people who (typically) died unexpectedly
2) As such, they usually don't know that they are dead
3) Ghosts can sometimes communicate with us, but can cause no harm
4) Most of the time, ghosts will just be doing things (or, rather going through the motions) that they normally would have done while alive

Poltergeists are spirits that can cause harm - sometimes they don't understand that they are causing harm - they can be good natured pranksters or seriously malevolent gouls.

Demons are the most seriously evil aspects of the spiritual world. Their only purpose is to cause harm.

I've never heard if 1 and 2 before. I would say a majority of people die "unexpectedly" due to the number of heart attacks, accidents, etc. What that would logically have to do with haunting a house or building I have no idea.

logician

That's funny, I have a friend who's into the paranormal and she's told me the opposite is true.

"If a team is investigating a haunted house and one of the members is a skeptic, the ghost will invariably target the skeptic."

You have to laugh at such silliness :D

I got this from websites written by people who actually are "ghost hunters". They don't like "skeptics" tagging along because they say it makes it much less likely they will encounter paranomal activity.

A

angellous_evangellous

I've never heard if 1 and 2 before. I would say a majority of people die "unexpectedly" due to the number of heart attacks, accidents, etc. What that would logically have to do with haunting a house or building I have no idea.

The ghost would remain where it violently died - it is sort of imprinted in the area.

dogsgod

I got this from websites written by people who actually are "ghost hunters". They don't like "skeptics" tagging along because they say it makes it much less likely they will encounter paranomal activity.
Those darn skeptics blame everything on the wind. "The wind blew it over," they say, or "That sound is the wind rustling through the leaves." Those darn skeptics can just stay home next time we go looking.

Jeremiah

Skeptics can suspend their disbelief on Halloween in order to enjoy the festivities, but where does that leave the true believer?

Why would I have to suspend disbelief of the supernatural to enjoy a good time with family and friends? I don't see the relevance.

Jeremiah

Well, if they put it on a website, then it must be the real and official rules of ghost. I mean if it is on a website and all.

Last edited: