• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and the Holocaust

idav

Being
Premium Member
If the God of Abraham led the Israelites out of Egypt because of harsh treatments, what happened with the Holocaust? Why didn't God do anything to save the Jews from what they were going through? Do you think that a significant amount of Jews who had survived the Holocaust became Atheist because of it?

If there has been one thing I've struggled with in regards to God and the Abrahamic perspective of Him, it is this. Would like to hear some perspectives on it!

God saved them by sending USA and Einstein. The damage could have been much worse, Hitler started going into many nations.

Flankerl

The secularist system didn't condemn nationalism or extremism and by the influences of social pressure lead to the killings.

And it obviously had nothing to do with the history of europe and its antisemitism since the early middle ages.

Its of course the fault of secularism. :faint:

F0uad

And it obviously had nothing to do with the history of europe and its antisemitism since the early middle ages.

Its of course the fault of secularism. :faint:
Did i make such assumptions no, i said that the system itself has errors for preventing these things and i know the history of Europe and Anti-Semitism. But its bad you didn't fully read what i have said because you would understand my argument.

Also your assuming its god's fault and not that of people if that is the case then God ordered and was in favour of the killing of jews what seems really stupid to belief in the first place.

Last edited:

Flankerl

Did i make such assumptions no, i said that the system itself has errors for preventing these things and i know the history of Europe and Anti-Semitism. But its bad you didn't fully read what i have said because you would understand my argument.

So you'd say that its the fault of Islam that there are terrorists who claim to be its followers and murder innocent women and children?

Because obviously the system of Islam has errors for preventing these things.

Also your assuming its god's fault

Iam? Cool where did I write that?

nnmartin

If the God of Abraham led the Israelites out of Egypt because of harsh treatments, what happened with the Holocaust? Why didn't God do anything to save the Jews from what they were going through?

To me it is quite obvious that the Biblical God is not as powerful as people make out.

Dark forces are also at work in the World - and in this case they had the upper hand.

There is a constant duality of good and evil at work.

If the God of Abraham led the Israelites out of Egypt because of harsh treatments, what happened with the Holocaust? Why didn't God do anything to save the Jews from what they were going through? Do you think that a significant amount of Jews who had survived the Holocaust became Atheist because of it?

If there has been one thing I've struggled with in regards to God and the Abrahamic perspective of Him, it is this. Would like to hear some perspectives on it!

*edited*

Why didn't God do something about slavery, or 9/11, or the countless wars in which innocent people get slaughtered? Just because human hypocrisy likes to emphasize on a single event does not mean God does the same, nor should He. If there was no divine revelation for preventing the Third Reich, then there is no reason to ignore everything else. All events are moving toward an inevitable center.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levite

Higher and Higher
*edited*

Why didn't God do something about slavery, or 9/11, or the countless wars in which innocent people get slaughtered? Just because human hypocrisy likes to emphasize on a single event does not mean God does the same, nor should He. If there was no divine revelation for preventing the Third Reich, then there is no reason to ignore everything else. All events are moving toward an inevitable center.

This kind of anti-Semitic, revisionistic, conspiracy-theory slander is absolutely unacceptable. Please take your hate speech elsewhere.

Shermana

Heretic
*edited*

If you want to debate and deny the Holocaust, start another thread that's not pertaining to the idea of the Theological implications of the regularly accepted version of events and we can discuss things like why Italy and Japan mostly refused to hand over their Jews to the Germans, and why the population of Jews in Poland went from millions to thousands.

And I should add, I would have been one of the Zionist Jews trying to strike an agreement with the Germans to peacably resettle them in the mandate of "Palestine" before Hitler allied with the Mufti.

I'm also guessing you're anti-Zionist?