• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God created the sun on both the 1st day and the 4th day! ???

waitasec

Veteran Member
No I think He said let my light shine on it. Kinda like a flashlight.

and who was he speaking to if he said, let there be the propagation of vibrations to pervade all space, and to be thus set in vibratory motion by the action of luminous bodies, of my reflection.

and where's that light now?

ellenjanuary

and who was he speaking to if he said, let there be the propagation of vibrations to pervade all space, and to be thus set in vibratory motion by the action of luminous bodies, of my reflection.

Everywhere. The CMBR at 2.73 degrees K. ;)

Danmac

That light is becoming dim as it about to become one less dimensional. You should look to the light unless you should continue to walk in darkness, and the darkness will one day become your eternal abode.

waitasec

Veteran Member
That light is becoming dim as it about to become one less dimensional. You should look to the light unless you should continue to walk in darkness, and the darkness will one day become your eternal abode.

i'm trying not to take that as an insult...:cool:

outhouse

Atheistically
Theres allot of confusion on terminology

"let there be light" was never said, not ever

as its written the true meaning is "let light be made"

this same kind of interpetation error is found through out the bible

strikeviperMKII

I bet most Bible readers never caught that! How can one truly believe if you can't even get past Genesis. Very disgusting, actually. And the first PAGE of Genesis, at that. Read it and see for yourself.

Also, it starts out with the Earth being here before anything, which would go against any kind of modern scientific wisdom. But not a wisdom from ancient days, if they thought the Earth was the center of the Universe.

And just how exactly were the writers of the old testament supposed to know about this 'modern science'? It didn't exist until quite recently.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Theres allot of confusion on terminology

"let there be light" was never said, not ever

as its written the true meaning is "let light be made"

this same kind of interpetation error is found through out the bible
Those damned ignorant translators.:slap: Who let them near a Bible?

javajo

I think for humans trying to understand God and his ways is like a worm trying to understand humans and our ways of doing things. God is, well, GOD, if he makes a light or is the light to shine during the first 3 days of creation, then makes the sun, moon and stars, how and why he did it may not be exactly clear to us. We do know the plants created on the third day, mature plants like Adam and Eve were adults, would have needed the sun the next day to live. However one interprets or understands the creation story, I think when we see the wonders of creation and we feel our conscience within telling us right from wrong, it points to a wonderful creator who loves us so much he paid the penalty for all our sins so we can be reconciled to him and one day this old earth will be restored to a paradise with no more death, suffering and sin. I hope simple questions like this thread won't stop a person from coming to know God and his great personal love for them. Well, that is my quick thought or belief and hope.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I think for humans trying to understand God and his ways is like a worm trying to understand humans and our ways of doing things. God is, well, GOD, if he makes a light or is the light to shine during the first 3 days of creation, then makes the sun, moon and stars, how and why he did it may not be exactly clear to us. We do know the plants created on the third day, mature plants like Adam and Eve were adults, would have needed the sun the next day to live. However one interprets or understands the creation story, I think when we see the wonders of creation and we feel our conscience within telling us right from wrong, it points to a wonderful creator who loves us so much he paid the penalty for all our sins so we can be reconciled to him and one day this old earth will be restored to a paradise with no more death, suffering and sin. I hope simple questions like this thread won't stop a person from coming to know God and his great personal love for them. Well, that is my quick thought or belief and hope.

it's as though you are saying god's ways are so much higher than ours, correct? so if a worm with such limited knowledge cannot understand it's surroundings while god's ways are higher than ours, why should he care if we understand it or not?

strikeviperMKII

96599546v12_480x480_Front.jpg

You're an engineer, aren't you?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I think the integral forms are prettier than the differentials. I wonder what Maxwell's originals looked like, what with the 20 equations/20 variables?

Ben Masada

I bet most Bible readers never caught that! How can one truly believe if you can't even get past Genesis. Very disgusting, actually. And the first PAGE of Genesis, at that. Read it and see for yourself.

Also, it starts out with the Earth being here before anything, which would go against any kind of modern scientific wisdom. But not a wisdom from ancient days, if they thought the Earth was the center of the Universe.

What's the big deal about "Let there be light" in the Genesis account of Creation? The first verse says, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." When was the "beginning?" For us, nobody has the right answer. To God it could have been trillions of light years ago or just yesterday, considering that God is eternal and that there is no time in eternity. Then, before God proclaimed the famous "Let there be light," darkness was upon the face of the deep. This means that darkness was in the universe. Then, the Genesis account of Creation is metaphorical. The whole thing an allegory, according to the famous Scholar Moses Maimonides in his opus prima, "The Guide for the Perplexed."
Ben

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Agreed. The integral symbol seems more poetic...at least to me. Much better than those up-side down triangles. :D

Agreed, I used to practice writing my integrals and sigmas and stuff until they looked pretty and loopy (I'm such a girl). The only cool part about diffey-q were the partials, I could make those pretty and loopy too :)

strikeviperMKII said:
Ugh. Ugly, I would presume.

I'd imagine so! I'll look for them, there's a big ol' internet out there... I'll post 'em if I find 'em.

------------------

Edit: They're not that ugly. In fact Heaviside's reformulations are already pretty apparent in the originals: http://www.relativitycalculator.com/maxwell_equations.shtml

Edit 2: Actually this still appears to have Heaviside's influence in it, hmmm...

Last edited: