• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is a woman - agree or disagree?

Witch9

... judging God on biblical accounts still makes God homophobic, genocidal, and egotistical.

That presumes the men who wrote the things that ended up getting picked for inclusion in the Bible knew what they were writing about, rather than just formulating their own ideas and wishes.

I think of "God" as a metaphor for the unknown and the unknowable, what many Witches refer to as The Mystery. Thus God is beyond gender, phobias, and most if not all other human neuroses.

outhouse

Atheistically
Ummmm, what?

does the bible say or does it not that god is a jealous god????

does god carry out vengeance or does he not in the bible???

does god like animal sacrifices in the bible???

does god murder inoccent animals and children with a flood in the bible????

If you read the bible you will find god has very human attributes including his sex as male.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I beleive God in the Christian faith is a woman and the interesting thing about this is there is more evidence of God being a woman than being a man and it makes a lot more sense - in my eyes anyway - do you agree or disagree and why?
I disagree. The main reason is that God is referred to as our Father in Heaven. I know of no fathers who are women. I do believe, though, that we also have a Mother in Heaven.

lilmama1991

disagree he's a male. in the bible jesus would of call jehovah his mother if he was a female but he didnt he talked about jehovah being his father