• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is a woman

ChieftheCef

God, whatever your flavor, even Buddhist (as they "worship" the Buddha who is emptiness), is the great Monality, everything at once. She is not outside reality, she is reality, everything and nothing, like between atoms, planets, and all spaces.

Animals are conceived and then grow into a female and then mutate by proteins (or whatever) into male fetuses.

The female is the original shape. Vaginas evolved from microscopic organisms who had wombs wherever they had wombs because they gave live birth every time the reproduced.

God is real. God is a woman.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's all well and good to make a case for divine femininity and/or femaleness.

As a biologist, though, I'd request we please get the biology right. It's not true that all mammals start as female, never mind all animals and microorganisms do not have wombs. :sweat:

ChieftheCef

It's all well and good to make a case for divine femininity and/or femaleness.

As a biologist, though, I'd request we please get the biology right. It's not true that all mammals start as female, never mind all animals and microorganisms do not have wombs. :sweat:
But they do birth.

Bear Wild

God, whatever your flavor, even Buddhist (as they "worship" the Buddha who is emptiness), is the great Monality, everything at once. She is not outside reality, she is reality, everything and nothing, like between atoms, planets, and all spaces.

Animals are conceived and then grow into a female and then mutate by proteins (or whatever) into male fetuses.

The female is the original shape. Vaginas evolved from microscopic organisms who had wombs wherever they had wombs because they gave live birth every time the reproduced.

In the pagan movement there was an intention to bring the feminine back into religion with the goddess initially as a balance to the god but most of the early descriptions had a slight favoring the goddess. This was followed by a goddess only by many and removed the god as important. I personally think having a god and goddess is much more balanced and we have been unbalanced for so long with monotheism primarily perceived by most as male.

ChieftheCef

In the pagan movement there was an intention to bring the feminine back into religion with the goddess initially as a balance to the god but most of the early descriptions had a slight favoring the goddess. This was followed by a goddess only by many and removed the god as important. I personally think having a god and goddess is much more balanced and we have been unbalanced for so long with monotheism primarily perceived by most as male.
Indeed, I consider the god/futanari space-time and the goddess matter/energy as he/she fertilizes themselves with matter and energy. Or maybe even they should be two sisters and absence the male. I am fuzzy on the details because the science is hard to deduce to me. Hmm. Thank you!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Oh it's that time of the month again.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
But they do birth.
Depends on how broad we want to be with the word "birth." The way microorganisms reproduce looks almost nothing like how animals (especially mammals) reproduce. The vast majority of microorganisms reproduce asexually, meaning terms like "male" and "female" do not even apply. By extension, it's a bit of a stretch to say they give "birth" at least in terms of what that looks like for animals or mammals specifically. They clone themselves, more like.

Thinking about things like this - and the fact that the vast majority of the universe isn't biological and thus non-sexed - is part of what really turned me off about, say, Wicca within contemporary Paganism. It was sex this sex that and I'm over here as a scientist going "but... okay, I get that many humans fixate on this a lot but most of the universe doesn't have a sex and most organisms on this planet are asexual... so... uh..." It just throws me off a bit. I try to avoid anthropomorphizing too much in my tradition too, even though I do understand its value. Most humans are very anthropocentric and need or want to think about the universe in human terms, and one of the ways they do that is slapping sex and/or gender onto things that don't actually have either of those things by their own nature. It probably doesn't help that I'm nonbinary, so the whole sex/gender labeling stuff tends to just annoy me on principle with the assumptions it makes... haha.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

If God is everything (pantheism) - then wouldn't God be no gender or all genders simultaneously?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I agree from that metaphorical perspective, God is better said to be female then male.

ChieftheCef

Depends on how broad we want to be with the word "birth." The way microorganisms reproduce looks almost nothing like how animals (especially mammals) reproduce. The vast majority of microorganisms reproduce asexually, meaning terms like "male" and "female" do not even apply. By extension, it's a bit of a stretch to say they give "birth" at least in terms of what that looks like for animals or mammals specifically. They clone themselves, more like.
I agree almost completely except that I think microorganisms are more correctly classed as female than male, though they ARE asexual. I would also like to say I've seen it happen in a video. It's very like birth in that the daughter cell (notice we call them daughter) gestates in the mother cell and then is exploded out from the mother.
Thinking about things like this - and the fact that the vast majority of the universe isn't biological and thus non-sexed - is part of what really turned me off about, say, Wicca within contemporary Paganism. It was sex this sex that and I'm over here as a scientist going "but... okay, I get that many humans fixate on this a lot but most of the universe doesn't have a sex and most organisms on this planet are asexual... so... uh..." It just throws me off a bit.
I entirely understand. I hate to hoist the idea upon you as it is somewhat rude given the circumstances that you seem to noticeably dislike the idea, or at least are turned off by it. But I read the Dao De Jing a couple of times and it gives a cogant picture of the Dao (what is ultimately the great incomprehensible, nature) as a Great Mother. I can see it. Besides what I've mentioned before Nature is so forgiving that she survives. Most anim als don't get eaten, same for most grass etc. Bad is relatively rare. The neolithic peoples were ruled by women and they had relatively few non natural problems, problems that simply have to be. I think it points to if a gender or sex were pronounced for nature/god it would be female.
I try to avoid anthropomorphizing too much in my tradition too, even though I do understand its value. Most humans are very anthropocentric and need or want to think about the universe in human terms, and one of the ways they do that is slapping sex and/or gender onto things that don't actually have either of those things by their own nature. It probably doesn't help that I'm nonbinary, so the whole sex/gender labeling stuff tends to just annoy me on principle with the assumptions it makes... haha.
I wish you well on your journey. What are the pronouns for you? I'm a he him, male sex. But I don't mind if people are different, I recognize that thoroughly as a strength:)

InChrist

Free4ever

I don’t think God is a woman because God is not a human. According to the biblical scriptures, the Creator God is Spirit. Humans were created in God’s image; male and female. So from my perspective, though God is not man or woman, male and female represent qualities and characteristics that God has.

ChieftheCef

Quite a Generalizing claim, you can't proof ever

Neolithic peoples were so evolved to their bodies and situations they figured out all the inner workings of how to be a neolithic person. They knew that being good, even to animals, makes you happy. And like everything they wanted to be happy. We however have just scientifically learned this,and very few ultimately knew it since prior, though many yet do not know that happiness is a mirror. We are not yet evolved to our situation, and won't be for some time.

Can proof ever

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

If any Supreme Being exists, it is not a woman or a man or even a being as we understand it. It's beyond all qualities and distinctions. It is infinite in its potential. Even the Gods, who maintain the Cosmos, are not literally male or female. They don't have genitals or reproductive systems.

Bear Wild

I entirely understand. I hate to hoist the idea upon you as it is somewhat rude given the circumstances that you seem to noticeably dislike the idea, or at least are turned off by it. But I read the Dao De Jing a couple of times and it gives a cogant picture of the Dao (what is ultimately the great incomprehensible, nature) as a Great Mother. I can see it. Besides what I've mentioned before Nature is so forgiving that she survives. Most anim als don't get eaten, same for most grass etc. Bad is relatively rare. The neolithic peoples were ruled by women and they had relatively few non natural problems, problems that simply have to be. I think it points to if a gender or sex were pronounced for nature/god it would be female.
The Dao de jing does talk about the great mother as giving birth to the Dao. Medieval Christians created mother nature as a goddess on earth ruled from above by god. The sovereignty of Ireland is determined by the goddess. Many traditions place earth with the goddess although Egyptian mythology earth is a male god.