• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is an Atheist

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
Which God? Zeus the father of the gods was certainly created from a more primal god. The same goes for many chief gods and pantheons of major civilizations in antiquity who's gods are actually a younger generation of gods who rebelled against and overthrew the elder gods.

You make a good point about different theisms. For example, Zeus was is not technically the father of the Gods. Cronus was in Greek Mythology. Zeus was the son of Cronus and he simply freed the others within Cronus. Cronus however sprung from nothingness through the mating of love and fear. Did Cronus believe in a creator. We don't know because he wasn't real. It does make for an interesting piece of mythology though.

We really don't know for any theisms because you can pretty much claim your God/Gods to believe anything. Like a huge customized God's R Us store. Build a God Workshop. Pick out a popular model or make your own. If someone wishes to say my god isn't an atheist its that easy.

However, to a more important point. I really don't see how claiming a god to be an atheist any different from a theist claims that any of these Gods exists. Both cannot be proven.

Thus my statement that god is an atheist is about as provable as any theist belief or claim.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Thus my statement that god is an atheist is about as provable as any theist belief or claim.

Yes and no. It depends on the god-concept and the nature of the claim, as well as what your personal litmus test is for "proof." For the god-concept that would be applicable to your statement, though, you're probably correct here.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
God is an Atheist'

An atheist is God

I'm serious. In a non-dualistic view of the universe (God and creation are not separate things), everything is ultimately a part of God. We are all in the process of realizing the Oneness.