• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is an exhaulted Man

Flat Earth Kyle

Question this statement and tell me what you think.
"God is an exalted man."
make your statements/opinions and I'll do my best to back it up.

elmarna

All is forgiven [I miss spell quite often!]
Since I DO NOT PERCIEVE GOD AS MAN I can not agree.
I see god as the essence of life.
While we are a part of life we are a part of his world & able to connect with him.
In that which you support I am sure you have your reasons.
I would not mind hearing them!

earlwooters

EXALTED

1. High or elevated in rank, position, dignity, etc
2. Elevated in character; noble; lofty: an exalted ideal
3. Informal excessively high; inflated: he has an exalted opinion of himself
4. Intensely excited; elated

If this is God, somebody needs to rewrite a lot of books.

Flat Earth Kyle

Okay, when I say exalted I mean Man in a higher state of being. According to Jesus Christ in the Bible we are all God's Children and God is our Father in Heaven.
Jesus is our brother. When Jesus died and was resurrected, he came back to life in his same body, only glorified and immortal "Exalted". Jesus Christ's body became like our Heavenly Father's and through Jesus Christ's Atonement we will all have immortal bodies, but at different levels of glorification or power "exaltation" depending on how we lived our lives according to his plan.

"What did Jesus say? The Bible informs us that Jesus said, as the Father hath power in himself, even so hath the Son power—to do what? Why, what the Father did. The answer is obvious—in a manner to lay down his body and take it up again. Jesus, what are you going to do? To lay down my life as my Father did, and take it up again. Do you believe it? If you do not believe it you do not believe the Bible."

Any Questions?

MissAlice

Yes for a long time I always viewed god as a man mainly due to the fact that most prophets in religions are men and the fact that most of them rule over women. As a child I took the word father literally.

As for exalted, that would depend. I always liked the idea of Christ being an exalted man but was never fond in the way the bible interpreted him or his following as a whole. Then again, there's no evidence to suggest Jesus even existed. If he did, I would most likely consider perhaps him exalted since he was afterall a man who was son of god. But even Christianity has many ways of interpreting whether or not he was god.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Okay, when I say exalted I mean Man in a higher state of being. According to Jesus Christ in the Bible we are all God's Children and God is our Father in Heaven.
Jesus is our brother. When Jesus died and was resurrected, he came back to life in his same body, only glorified and immortal "Exalted". Jesus Christ's body became like our Heavenly Father's and through Jesus Christ's Atonement we will all have immortal bodies, but at different levels of glorification or power "exaltation" depending on how we lived our lives according to his plan.

"What did Jesus say? The Bible informs us that Jesus said, as the Father hath power in himself, even so hath the Son power—to do what? Why, what the Father did. The answer is obvious—in a manner to lay down his body and take it up again. Jesus, what are you going to do? To lay down my life as my Father did, and take it up again. Do you believe it? If you do not believe it you do not believe the Bible."

Any Questions?

Gotcha.

It is becoming more and more clear to me that the various Forms of God that are worshiped were, at one point, either Kings or religious leaders who became Deified. However, those are just Forms, used for us who can't fathom the Formless.

Flat Earth Kyle

I raise my eyebrow.
I don't look at God at all as being some dead king.
God is a living, immortal, all powerful and all knowing being, who hears and answers prayers, and is very much involved in our daily lives whether we see it or not.

There have been many wicked people (Kings/ Preists etc.) who have claimed to be a Gods, such as the Egyptian Pharaohs who enslaved the people and forced them to worship them as Gods. The true and living God is not one of those people, if that is what you think I am saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruceDLimber

>"God is an exalted man."

Totally incorrect!

God is so far beyond humans as to be incomprehensible via any human initiative!

Peace,

Bruce

Any Questions?

The kind of exaltation you are talking about for people implies that there is One, God, who is choosing to exalt us. But if God is exalted, who or what is exalting him? Was there a time when God wasn't exalted?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I raise my eyebrow.
I don't look at God at all as being some dead king.
God is a living, immortal, all powerful and all knowing being, who hears and answers prayers, and is very much involved in our daily lives whether we see it or not.

I didn't say they were necessarily dead. :D There are still such man-Gods alive today; I've met one of them. (Nowadays, they're pretty much all religious leaders of some sort.)

There have been many wicked people (Kings/ Preists etc.) who have claimed to be a Gods, such as the Egyptian Pharaohs who enslaved the people and forced them to worship them as Gods. The true and living God is not one of those people, if that is what you think I am saying.
Of course not. It's just what I thought of. When I read the old Vedic hymns, I see described in them priests, kings, warriors, etc. and I remember that Egyptian Pharaohs were considered gods, and the same was true of Japanese Emperors. Krishna was a King, and Siva is often depicted as an ascetic(... although quite muscular for one :shrug:), indicating to me that His current popular image was inspired either by a certain one in the past, or by ascetics in general. Of course, I'm a Shaivite, so Siva is the God-concept I use to represent the Supreme.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If that's how you wanna view God, that's your choice. I choose to simply say "God is..."

Flat Earth Kyle

>"God is an exalted man."

Totally incorrect!

God is so far beyond humans as to be incomprehensible via any human initiative!

Peace,

Bruce

I'm sorry just to say that someone or something is incorrect is just not good enough.
I admit that to us now, God is incomprehensible. The very fact of having no beginning and no end is incomprehensible, but that doesn't mean that it is incorrect, and that doesn't mean that we can't comprehend small things concerning God, otherwise there would be no point of him ever teaching us his gospel. He would be unable to teach us anything if we could not comprehend anything. Does that make sense?

sojourner

I'm sorry just to say that someone or something is incorrect is just not good enough.
I admit that to us now, God is incomprehensible. The very fact of having no beginning and no end is incomprehensible, but that doesn't mean that it is incorrect, and that doesn't mean that we can't comprehend small things concerning God, otherwise there would be no point of him ever teaching us his gospel. He would be unable to teach us anything if we could not comprehend anything. Does that make sense?
Wait a minute! You claim to possess the "truth" that God is an "exalted man," yet here you claim that god is incomprehensible. How's that working for you?

Flat Earth Kyle

The kind of exaltation you are talking about for people implies that there is One, God, who is choosing to exalt us. But if God is exalted, who or what is exalting him? Was there a time when God wasn't exalted?

As man is, God once was, and as God is, Man may become.

That is what this-

-is talking about.

Who our Heavenly Father's Father is I really don't know, but I do know that they together act as one and together are one God and so it goes for all eternity. Does that make sense?

I really love this song, it is really powerful and very worth listening to. Tell me what you think

[youtube]OCkcIkyzR9Y[/youtube]
‪If You Could Hie to Kolob‬‏ - YouTube

sojourner

As man is, God once was, and as God is, Man may become.

That is what this-

-is talking about.

Who our Heavenly Father's Father is I really don't know, but I do know that they together act as one and together are one God and so it goes for all eternity. Does that make sense?

I really love this song, it is really powerful and very worth listening to. Tell me what you think

[youtube]OCkcIkyzR9Y[/youtube]
‪If You Could Hie to Kolob‬‏ - YouTube
Are you saying that we will lose our particularity at some point?