• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is not in the Big Bang

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
you mean like God? :cool:

What predated the Big Bang (gads I hate that name)?
Who knows. The evidence that it did happin is very good, its still happining.

wa:do

Atechi

I can honestly say I barely understood anything about strings. I just have one, annoying point:

Where did the membranes come from? How did 'something' come out of 'nothing'?
Another thing: what are the membranes?
Membranes that String (and M-theory in particular) speaks of are multidimensonal objects specific membranes are called P-brane wehre P is the number of dimensons it exsists on. If you have a cube-like membrane, and are using ecludian geomtery, it would be a threebrane. We as objects are fourbranes, we exsist in length, width, height, and spatially. In brane cosomolgy when a three dimensonal object floated upward into a higher dimensonal land and this created three dimensonal objects that exsist in four dimensons (like most things), more or less.
And I don't understand dimensions either. I've heard of 3 dimensions and maybe even 4, but 22?!
Usually String therorists mean Dimensions in a Hilbert Space way, which is to say more complax than meer Length and Width of Ecludian Geometry (which has pretty much become a none-issue), generally speaking the forumla for getting Hausdorff dimensons are useful to a degree. I would link to the appropiate wiki link, but I do not have enough posts as of yet.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
God always was and always will be. With a single thought he created the stars and the many galaxies. When this happened, it went bang. For all we know, all the galaxies you can imagine may fit into one petre dish in God's laboratory.

Super Universe

Defender of God
String energy is God energy emitted directly from God in heaven.

The big bang was simply an extremely short opening from a higher dimension. Higher frequency energy flowed down and condensed (reduced it's frequency but increased it's density) which formed our dimension.

Throw away your outdated one, two, and three dimensional theories. They are not applicable to anything real.

The eleven dimensions are like this: Think of a pool of water that is in the shape of a half sphere and eleven feet deep. As you submerge into this water the density changes gradually. Each foot of water is generally defined as being a separate dimension but at the ends of these dimensions the differences in density from one to the next are extremely slight. The water is space/time.

You could (some do) actually slice up these eleven dimensions into an almost infinite number of dimensions but eleven is the most accepted.

The air above the pool is non-space/time, also known as heaven. Heaven is not made up of string energy at all so it is most accepted to NOT consider it dimension twelve.

Now, in your mind, switch places with heaven and the dimensions. Put heaven as a sphere at the center and surround it with the eleven dimensions. As string energy leaves heaven it is of an extremely high frequency/low density/slow time. The frequency becomes less as it gets farther from heaven. The opposite effect is that density increases and time speeds up.

Our dimension is incorrectly considered to be the third dimension but the most correct answer is that it is the eleventh dimension, the farthest from heaven, but not farthest in distance, heaven does not even exist in our dimension. Our dimension is simply the farthest from the source of everything (God).

String energy not only creates every particle in existence, it also creates the laws that control the particles actions and it creates the dimensions and time itself.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
String energy is God energy emitted directly from God in heaven.

The big bang was simply an extremely short opening from a higher dimension. Higher frequency energy flowed down and condensed (reduced it's frequency but increased it's density) which formed our dimension.

Throw away your outdated one, two, and three dimensional theories. They are not applicable to anything real.

The eleven dimensions are like this: Think of a pool of water that is in the shape of a half sphere and eleven feet deep. As you submerge into this water the density changes gradually. Each foot of water is generally defined as being a separate dimension but at the ends of these dimensions the differences in density from one to the next are extremely slight. The water is space/time.

You could (some do) actually slice up these eleven dimensions into an almost infinite number of dimensions but eleven is the most accepted.

The air above the pool is non-space/time, also known as heaven. Heaven is not made up of string energy at all so it is most accepted to NOT consider it dimension twelve.

Now, in your mind, switch places with heaven and the dimensions. Put heaven as a sphere at the center and surround it with the eleven dimensions. As string energy leaves heaven it is of an extremely high frequency/low density/slow time. The frequency becomes less as it gets farther from heaven. The opposite effect is that density increases and time speeds up.

Our dimension is incorrectly considered to be the third dimension but the most correct answer is that it is the eleventh dimension, the farthest from heaven, but not farthest in distance, heaven does not even exist in our dimension. Our dimension is simply the farthest from the source of everything (God).

String energy not only creates every particle in existence, it also creates the laws that control the particles actions and it creates the dimensions and time itself.

LIES I TELL YOU.....ALL LIES.....

Well, not so much lies as well fanticized theories from some D rated sci-fi channel movie that seem to have no basis in reality. Unless you have some evidence you can share then all of it is (as Bush might say) GUESSARY.....

Super Universe

Defender of God
No basis in reality? Wrong.

String theory gives you a basis for a unified field theory that explains why quantum physics and relative physics do not agree. String theory also explains other dimensions and actually suggests eleven dimensions.

And this more detailed explanation I have provided gives you an origin of the big bang.

Perhaps you will admit that the real reason you are against the ideas proposed, and failed to provide any contrary evidence to them, is that you simply can't handle science proving the existence of God?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
No basis in reality? Wrong.

String theory gives you a basis for a unified field theory that explains why quantum physics and relative physics do not agree. String theory also explains other dimensions and actually suggests eleven dimensions.

And this more detailed explanation I have provided gives you an origin of the big bang.

Perhaps you will admit that the real reason you are against the ideas proposed, and failed to provide any contrary evidence to them, is that you simply can't handle science proving the existence of God?

String "THEORY" in it of itself DOES NOT "PROVE" the existance of God. All it is, is a THEORY.....

So what now....The "theory" is, is that God exist.....??????

I believe you. God does exist in theory...an untestable theory because there is no data to test.

Keep looking and reading. String THEORY is not as solid as you want to believe.

NOVA | The Elegant Universe | Sheldon Glashow | PBS

Economist's View: String Theory Has a Problem

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Well, maybe the big bang was started by an accident.
That was theory from Asimov, the presence of matter in nothing (no space/time) would cause a big bang.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Indeed! Maybe God was just playing around one day and "accidentally" set off the big bang. ;)

Even accidents have a cause. They do not come from nothing.
I gave the cause.
Asimov thought that if there was matter present in nothingness (no space/time) a massive explosion of energy would occur. In the short story, a professor goes back in time to the start of the universe in his experimental research vessel and inadvertently causes the big bang.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Indeed! Maybe God was just playing around one day and "accidentally" set off the big bang. ;)

Even accidents have a cause. They do not come from nothing.

Are you suggesting that your god makes accidents? I just want to underfstand. We are constantly told that "God" is perferct and everything that he/she/it does is no accident.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Are you suggesting that your god makes accidents? I just want to underfstand. We are constantly told that "God" is perferct and everything that he/she/it does is no accident.

I don't know about all that, but God sure has a sense of humor. Just take a look at an Aardvark.

Hope

Princesinha

No---what I am trying to point out is that from an atheist's perspective of the universe, even accidents shouldn't be able to happen, because saying something happened by accident presupposes there was something there even before the accident happened. Accidents do not come from nothing. Accidents require matter, movement, etc.

Example: I accidentally drop a plate on the floor and it shatters into tiny fragments. Could that accident have happened if I, or the plate, or the floor did not exist? Obviously, it could not. Likewise, the universe does not just "accidentally" pop into existence from nothing.

Hope

Princesinha
I gave the cause.
Asimov thought that if there was matter present in nothingness (no space/time) a massive explosion of energy would occur. In the short story, a professor goes back in time to the start of the universe in his experimental research vessel and inadvertently causes the big bang.

You obviously do not understand the inconsistency I'm trying to point out here. You say you gave the cause. But you have a very limited definition of "nothingness." When I say "nothing," I literally mean absolutely nothing. No space, no time, no matter.....nothing. Your definition still allows for the existence of matter. It has to, for your "cause" to make any sense! Your cause only explains how the matter turned into the universe----it does not explain where that matter came from. And that is what I'm trying to point out. An "accident," according to your own explanation, can only happen if there is already matter in existence.

So, as I said, even accidents do not come from nothing.They have an ultimate cause. Take the example I gave in my previous post. What "caused" the accident of my dropping the plate on the floor? A series of events. Which started with my picking up the plate. So let's follow the sequence here: 1) I, the plate, and the floor exist; 2) I pick up the plate; 3) I drop the plate; 4) the plate falls and hits the floor; 5) the plate shatters. Could the accident have happened if I, or the plate, or the floor did not exist? No, of course not. The accident requires the existence of all three things, and then a sequence of events, to happen. The ultimate cause of such an accident is actually the existence of "me." The plate does not pick itself up and drop itself on the floor. So the next natural question would be, Where did "I" come from?

In a similar manner, where did that matter come from that "accidentally" turned into the universe?

I hope all of this makes sense. I don't have a scientific mind, so my way of explaining things like this might be a bit discombobulated.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
You obviously do not understand the inconsistency I'm trying to point out here. You say you gave the cause. But you have a very limited definition of "nothingness." When I say "nothing," I literally mean absolutely nothing. No space, no time, no matter.....nothing. Your definition still allows for the existence of matter. It has to, for your "cause" to make any sense! Your cause only explains how the matter turned into the universe----it does not explain where that matter came from. And that is what I'm trying to point out. An "accident," according to your own explanation, can only happen if there is already matter in existence.
It does, if you read the short story. Here is a basic summary- A man invents a time machine and decides to go back to see the formation of the stars, but he goes back to far to the start of the universe, causing the big bang inadvertently.

Hope

Princesinha
It does, if you read the short story. Here is a basic summary- A man invents a time machine and decides to go back to see the formation of the stars, but he goes back to far to the start of the universe, causing the big bang inadvertently.

You actually believe this?:p

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
No---what I am trying to point out is that from an atheist's perspective of the universe, even accidents shouldn't be able to happen, because saying something happened by accident presupposes there was something there even before the accident happened. Accidents do not come from nothing. Accidents require matter, movement, etc.

Example: I accidentally drop a plate on the floor and it shatters into tiny fragments. Could that accident have happened if I, or the plate, or the floor did not exist? Obviously, it could not. Likewise, the universe does not just "accidentally" pop into existence from nothing.

I get you. I just needed clarification.....:)