• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Questions......

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps we need to be a little more precise as to WHICH GOD we are actually referring. Would you say that the god of other religions is the same God of Israel we read of in the Bible ?
And do other religions accept Jesus as the Son of God ?
Do they believe in keeping the Commandments and the Sabbath ? Not even traditional christians come into this category hence the whole world is out of step with God.
We should all concentrate on the most basic beliefs before arguing about details, don't you think ?
As I said elsewhere God is not saving all the world now but only groups of people to be the first from every nation. Others will be called progressively. He started out with one - Abraham , now he is calling thousands and later millions.

Yes, I believe that the God that is worshipped in other religions is the same God as the one that Jews, Christians and Muslims worship.
Which most basic beliefs are you referring to? Do you mean philosophical ones, moral ones or the ones you have stated above such as Jesus being the Son of God?

Beta

Yes, I believe that the God that is worshipped in other religions is the same God as the one that Jews, Christians and Muslims worship.
Which most basic beliefs are you referring to? Do you mean philosophical ones, moral ones or the ones you have stated above such as Jesus being the Son of God?
Yes I mean those I mentioned.
Now I would ask you why all nations worship this same God on different days which He has not decreed , blessed and sanctified ?
Why not when scripture is quite clear and the 4th commandment tells us to remember ? Why remember ? Because man has gone away from it as originally decreed. He is GOD and changes not.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes I mean those I mentioned.
Now I would ask you why all nations worship this same God on different days which He has not decreed , blessed and sanctified ?
Why not when scripture is quite clear and the 4th commandment tells us to remember ? Why remember ? Because man has gone away from it as originally decreed. He is GOD and changes not.

I really don't care about that and it is not what I set out to discuss. As a Hindu, worship is a daily thing not a one day thing. If I want to pray and celebrate God I can do it whenever I want.

What is this about original decree? The first monotheists were Hindus and the oldest scriptures are Hindu. I would consider that more original, but that is just me.

Also it is only your opinion that people must worship God on a particular day. If he tells a particular society to do that then so be it. But he has told different people to do different things. If you need a commanding or fearful God then that is why he has presented Himself that way to you.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for indulging me for this long. I wish you all the happiness in your spiritual journey.

So Madhuri, I have to ask how do you trust in your own spiritual journey you seem open minded and pretty wise. Any advice you would have for me to seek a positive and enlightening spiritual journey?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
So Madhuri, I have to ask how do you trust in your own spiritual journey you seem open minded and pretty wise. Any advice you would have for me to seek a positive and enlightening spiritual journey?

My advise is to read widely, explore ideas with an open mind and observe the world around you. In the end you have to follow your own path, not what others try to convince you is truth. Follow your head and your heart. Even if you end your life not knowing completely what is Truth, it will have been far more important to live your life with integrity doing what you think is good or right.

Erebus

My advise is to read widely, explore ideas with an open mind and observe the world around you. In the end you have to follow your own path, not what others try to convince you is truth. Follow your head and your heart. Even if you end your life not knowing completely what is Truth, it will have been far more important to live your life with integrity doing what you think is good or right.

Completely agreed, frubals :)

I see. I've always lived trying to have others help me find my path to God because of my former religions guilt bomb, maybe I need to stand up and see if God really wants me any way, as disturbing as I am to humans.

Beta

I see. I've always lived trying to have others help me find my path to God because of my former religions guilt bomb, maybe I need to stand up and see if God really wants me any way, as disturbing as I am to humans.
God will gladly welcome anyone who is sincere no matter how black their past. We are all sinners in need of redemption.

God will gladly welcome anyone who is sincere no matter how black their past. We are all sinners in need of redemption.

According to most doctrine my kind is an abomination and should promptly put to death, Read Leviticus 20:13 or 20:15 sometime. I feel uncomfortable when I think that God calls for my blood like that but I am hopeful that maybe man is wrong and that the God or Gods that created us are not so filled with hate at each and every one of our personal choices. What meat I eat shouldn't determine my afterlife.

Beta

According to most doctrine my kind is an abomination and should promptly put to death, Read Leviticus 20:13 or 20:15 sometime. I feel uncomfortable when I think that God calls for my blood like that but I am hopeful that maybe man is wrong and that the God or Gods that created us are not so filled with hate at each and every one of our personal choices. What meat I eat shouldn't determine my afterlife.
Friend, none are beyond redemption if they are willing to change their life-style. Sometimes the worst sinners make the best Converts. You need to talk to God and hear what he says, all his answers are in his Word to guide you into a better way. We have a merciful and forgiving God if we are sincere in repentance.

Friend, none are beyond redemption if they are willing to change their life-style. Sometimes the worst sinners make the best Converts. You need to talk to God and hear what he says, all his answers are in his Word to guide you into a better way. We have a merciful and forgiving God if we are sincere in repentance.

I don't see that mercy. I only really feel like I am waiting on hell. Either I was created defective or God wanted me to go to hell OR I am just that sick and depraved that sending me into a burning pit forever is the best solution.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't see that mercy. I only really feel like I am waiting on hell. Either I was created defective or God wanted me to go to hell OR I am just that sick and depraved that sending me into a burning pit forever is the best solution.
Or you are not stuck with the Christians deity.

There are several deities who have no problem with homosexuality.
Why choose one that hates you for being the way you were made?

Beta

Hold on a minute mate, you must not give up before you get started. That is not the way to deal with a problem.
If you have no intention of turning over a new leaf no one can help you, not even God. But if you are willing to start a new life you will get all the help you need. That is something only YOU can decide. I understand your predicament and know that some have to fight stronger compulsions than others. God does not want anyone to go to hell but come to repentance Joh.3v15-18. Mat.9v13.and many more. The whole purpose of Jesus' sacrifice was to save people from destruction that our sins bring on us.
Give it some serious thought friend and don't despair. God will help !

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Hold on a minute mate, you must not give up before you get started. That is not the way to deal with a problem.
If you have no intention of turning over a new leaf no one can help you, not even God. But if you are willing to start a new life you will get all the help you need. That is something only YOU can decide. I understand your predicament and know that some have to fight stronger compulsions than others. God does not want anyone to go to hell but come to repentance Joh.3v15-18. Mat.9v13.and many more. The whole purpose of Jesus' sacrifice was to save people from destruction that our sins bring on us.
Give it some serious thought friend and don't despair. God will help !
Like I said, the Christian god with all his prejudices, bias, and hypocrisy is only one of many deities to choose from.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

What is this about God not wanting you? That doesn't make sense from any perspective.
But this is a fact- only God can lead you to him. We are all on this journey individually. You do have to stand on your own feet and that is not a bad thing.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Black, as a Hindu I do not even believe in hell. Unless you have very strong faith in the Old Testament, then you have nothing to worry about. How can you believe something that seems so wrong to you?