• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Recreated the Earth 6,000 Years Ago!

Do you believe God possibly recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago?

• Yes, it's possible that God recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • No, there is no way that the Earth could have been recreated 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 99 88.4%

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. There is no experiment mentioned in Genesis 2. What is the hypothesis that is being tested? What evidence is being considered?
I see only the need to sit and read it again.

Man as a species.....Day Six....
Day Seven.....all is created and no more will be created...
THEN Chapter Two.
a story of manipulation, alteration....

there is a science fiction story that leans the same way....Prometheus.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
the·o·ry
[ˈTHirē]
NOUN

1. a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained:
    "Darwin's theory of evolution"
    synonyms: hypothesis · thesis · conjecture · supposition ·
lol ... it always makes me cringe when people don't understand the extremely elementary fact that a "scientific theory" is not the same as a "theory". To get the meaning of "scientific theory", you fraudulently look up the term "theory" to bolster your failing argument. Next time try looking up the actual term in question ... "scientific theory". Do you really not realize that terms used in the realm of scientific research often have different meanings than everyday usage?!

scientific theory (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scientific-theory)
noun
1. a coherent group of propositions formulated toexplain a group of facts or phenomena in thenatural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:
the scientific theory of evolution.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I stand by my previous post.

evolution is a discussion sound enough to believe.....without a petri dish experiment.
it's a really good explanation.
You can stand by it all you want, but a theory doesn't graduate to the level of a "scientific theory" unless confirmed through repeated experimentation and observation. Not too difficult to look up the term (although, last time you looked up "theory" instead of "scientific theory", so it might be harder than I think).

noun
1. a coherent group of propositions formulated toexplain a group of facts or phenomena in thenatural world and repeatedly confirmed throughexperiment or observation:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You can stand by it all you want, but a theory doesn't graduate to the level of a "scientific theory" unless confirmed through repeated experimentation and observation. Not too difficult to look up the term (although, last time you looked up "theory" instead of "scientific theory", so it might be harder than I think).

noun

.....Therefore? You aren't seriously suggesting that your guesses should be taken as fact?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

noun
that's all fine and good if you could apply it....
God doesn't fit in the petri dish

leibowde84

Veteran Member
.....Therefore? You aren't seriously suggesting that your guesses should be taken as fact?
What guesses are you referring to? I was just pointing out the fact that a "scientific theory" is "a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed through experimentation and observation. The Theory of Evolution is a "scientific theory". To fraudulently look up the term "theory", which is a much more general, less-demanding term, instead is a dishonest practice, IMHO.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
that's all fine and good if you could apply it....
God doesn't fit in the petri dish
OK, as long as you understand the demanding nature of the term "scientific theory" as opposed to a mere "theory" or "hypothesis". Just wanted to point out the huge difference.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
OK, as long as you understand the demanding nature of the term "scientific theory" as opposed to a mere "theory" or "hypothesis". Just wanted to point out the huge difference.
it's just word play to you....
one step up and you will see it all.....soooooo much better.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
it's just word play to you....
one step up and you will see it all.....soooooo much better.
Not word play. You obviously weren't aware of what a scientific theory was. It's an important term to understand especially in discussion forums like this.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Not word play. You obviously weren't aware of what a scientific theory was. It's an important term to understand especially in discussion forums like this.
grew up loving science....
I'm not learning anything new here
and yeah I understand scientific theory....
and you've been caught asking ....what petri dish....

leibowde84

Veteran Member
grew up loving science....
I'm not learning anything new here
and yeah I understand scientific theory....
and you've been caught asking ....what petri dish....
Right, you never explained which petri dish you were referring to. Can you do that?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What evidence? And, creationism isn't scientific in any way, as it doesn't utilize the scientific method. Creationism starts with a conclusion and attempts to find evidence to support that conclusion. The scientific method requires us to allow the evidence to take us wherever it leads.

All science starts with a hypothesis and then seeks evidence/testing.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
There is factually none that is credible, NONE.

Its all faith based wishful thinking and a sever perversion of the scientific methods.

Non sequitur

Peer review is laughable in this context. They have no facts in support, and no credible university EVER teaches this as anything else but religious faith and mythology.

If credible universities only taught fact and not opinion, would Cambridge and Oxford have taught a flat earth when they opened for business? Credible universities--the ones to which you ascribe credulity--teach commonly accepted opinions as well as facts. If you really think all college classes teach only facts and not opinions, you are revealing to us that you are a high school or middle school graduate only.