• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God & Self

drsatish

God & Self

Is there God.....? Not a Single Human on Earth can answer that Question.

Is there Self......? Every damn cat on any downtown street KNOWS it is a question
which Does Not Require ANY REPLY!
Why? ...otherwise there wouldn't be any damn cat in downtown street..u know..

But Jesus said....Know Thyself
Ramana Maharishi said...Find Self
Sufism says...Self
Buddha says..Not that Self...

Religion is ALL about
self & Self.

Satelf.

Gloone

God & Self

Is there Self......? Every damn cat on any downtown street KNOWS it is a question

Sufism says...Self

Religion is ALL about
self & Self.

Satelf.

That is a misconception. If there were people who didn’t know or think they knew who god is then there wouldn’t be that funny little thing called religion or intuition. Over half of the world’s population wouldn’t be nice and abide by any type of moral law. Crime rate would probably go thru the roof and your cat would be found in the gutter somewhere on a wet secluded night. It would basically go back to a mob rule and no one would have any freedoms at all. If you didn’t pay your tiff and taxes w/e it were asked then you would just get a slap in the face and if you didn’t have a job you would be someone’s slave.

It makes me think about how America was formed, how people decided to settle in the new world and leave the old world behind. So that brings up a question. Is the world really round or two-sided?

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
God & Self

Sufism says...Self

Religion is ALL about
self & Self.

Satelf.
What about the homosexual who found themself?

That is a misconception. If there were people who didn’t know or think they knew who god is then there wouldn’t be that funny little thing called religion or intuition. Over half of the world’s population wouldn’t be nice and abide by any type of moral law.

morality is not contingent on religion.
religion was formed after family groups, family groups could have never been formed without a moral sense. no matter how many times religious people want to say it, morality being a product of religion is simply false. codification is NOT creation.

Crime rate would probably go thru the roof and your cat would be found in the gutter somewhere on a wet secluded night. It would basically go back to a mob rule and no one would have any freedoms at all. If you didn’t pay your tiff and taxes w/e it were asked then you would just get a slap in the face and if you didn’t have a job you would be someone’s slave.

what you are trying (inaccurately) to describe here is anarchy. anarchy has absolutely nothing to do with religion in this context.

drsatish

What about the homosexual who found themself?

Damn right, you are.
It is " homosexual who found OneSelf (not themselves)"
&
that is
self ..the First Step.

The Second Step..
is...thinking/conceptualizing WHAT SEX has got really to do with self or Self
..homosexual or heterosexual.

The Sexist Moron,
Satish

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Damn right, you are.
It is " homosexual who found OneSelf (not themselves)"
&
that is
self ..the First Step.

The Second Step..
is...thinking/conceptualizing WHAT SEX has got really to do with self or Self
..homosexual or heterosexual.

The Sexist Moron,
Satish
And you accept these homosexuals when they find themselves?

Gloone

morality is not contingent on religion.
religion was formed after family groups, family groups could have never been formed without a moral sense. no matter how many times religious people want to say it, morality being a product of religion is simply false. codification is NOT creation.

what you are trying (inaccurately) to describe here is anarchy. anarchy has absolutely nothing to do with religion in this context.

So I guess America is just one giant anarchy then.

drsatish

um... asexual and homosexual are not the same thing.

Quite right!

So we have to get into the meaning of what we 'mean' by 'sex'. What one person says and what one person 'interprets as what he has heard. This is the fundamental problem in human communications. Not only for the word 'sex' but for any oral or written word - including the word 'self'. Generally, on hearing, it is presumed to be whatever is the most current 'meme' circulating in that particular time or eon or era. For example, almost any personal information based form devised by humans, either on paper or on the web has a column called "Sex:". It is filled mechanically without further thought as M or F. Even the choices allowed may be only "M or F". How many forms have the choice 'Other''? Or why don't you fill it as 3 times a day or Once in a month?

Satish

blackout

Violet.
I for one do see that America is a very Self Serving nation in general.
(and in SO many ways!)

EDIT: Which I don't have a problem with except when the underprivlidged are exploited by means of "necessity".
What I mostly have a problem with, is all the HYPOCRACY.
If you live to Serve yourSelf, why all the double talk?
Just live your way outright, and be yourSelf without shame.

Last edited:

drsatish

I for one do see that America is a very Self Serving nation in general.
(and in SO many ways!)

EDIT: Which I don't have a problem with except when the underprivlidged are exploited by means of "necessity".
What I mostly have a problem with, is all the HYPOCRACY.
If you live to Serve yourSelf, why all the double talk?
Just live your way outright, and be yourSelf without shame.

" Self Serving" - that is the root cause of almost all human-made human problems unlike problems like earthquakes. But man-made earthquakes, due to 'self serving' reasons are NOT that far off!

Satish

blackout

Violet.
If I don't Serve MySelf First,
there will BE no me
to Serve anyone else.

It's like the oxygen masks on an airplane.
They say to the adults,
get your own gas mask on first,
THEN assist the children.

If I allow mySelf to wither and die,
serving the ideals/ideas/morals of others,
my children will not have me at all.

Last edited:

drsatish

If I don't Serve MySelf First,
there will BE no me
to Serve anyone else.

It's like the oxygen masks on an airplane.
They say to the adults,
get your own gas mask on first,
THEN assist the children.

If I allow mySelf to wither and die,
serving the ideals/ideas/morals of others,
my children will not have me at all.

A good point there.

...but it requires a bit of clarification.

1. What does 'serving oneself' mean? Can you list the top 10 or 5 humans living today who are doing just that?

2. What do you mean when you say 'My Self.' Can you describe the 'Self' you are referring to?

Satish

St Giordano Bruno

I subscribe to a theory that is only needs to be one self in their entire universe because as Carl Sagan puts it so eloquently "We are made of stardust, we are a way for the cosmos to know itself." I think the "I" is just an emergent property within domains of complexly in the universe and the intuition that there are millions of individual "souls" uniquely created within individual brains is just an illusion, because I am more inclined to believe that the appearance of millions of unique souls are just expressions of the one "self" and any more than one is just an unnecessary complication in violation of the principles of Ockham's Razor.

I suggest in the absence of a God the "self" is the next best thing because the self may well be the only way for the universe to know itself. But not as its omnipotent creator but rather as a necessary emergent property in a universe that stumbled on ever possible natural error to create it, like a blind watchmaker.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend drsatish,

God & Self
God & Self

Sufism says...Self

Religion is ALL about
self & Self.

Satelf

Now, when this much is known that the two *god & self* are related; then could you not state as to HOW they are related????

If you can answer that you know what is the connection between you and god.
Hint: God is not a person but simply ENERGY that is neither created nor destroyed. Energy that can change form. Forms can be anything which we see and no-forms which is not seen.

Best wishes!

Love & rgds

St Giordano Bruno

In a sense I am the "God" of my universe albeit just a passive observation principle and you are the "God" your's, but went is all comes down to it is all expressions of the one self just born out of anthropic necessity than a divine plan.

drsatish

I subscribe to a theory that is only needs to be one self in their entire universe because as Carl Sagan puts it so eloquently "We are made of stardust, we are a way for the cosmos to know itself." I think the "I" is just an emergent property within domains of complexly in the universe and the intuition that there are millions of individual "souls" uniquely created within individual brains is just an illusion, because I am more inclined to believe that the appearance of millions of unique souls are just expressions of the one "self" and any more than one is just an unnecessary complication in violation of the principles of Ockham's Razor.

I suggest in the absence of a God the "self" is the next best thing because the self may well be the only way for the universe to know itself. But not as its omnipotent creator but rather as a necessary emergent property in a universe that stumbled on ever possible natural error to create it, like a blind watchmaker.

A Good Arrow or a Road-Sign which points to Something or THAT!

Satish