• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going topless, an equal rights issue

Should all women have the right to go topless wherever men do?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member
Video promoting a female's equal right to go topless where ever men are allowed to.

[youtube]Ove1AB091Jk[/youtube]

Agree or or disagree?

Last edited:

InfidelRiot

Why does she not just take it to the next level by having a sex change. Then (s)he will have the same rights as a man.

It seems to me that what she is stating is just as ridiculous as what I have stated.

Skwim

Veteran Member
InfidelRiot said:
Why does she not just take it to the next level by having a sex change. Then (s)he will have the same rights as a man.

It seems to me that what she is stating is just as ridiculous as what I have stated.
No. I think you won this round for ridiculous statements.

I support this for all the wrong reasons. Does that count?
Even the wrong reasons aren't wrong. ;)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Personally, I've never understood why a woman can't go topless when a man can. I don't see the difference.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I voted yes.

First of all, because I would love to see a lot more topless women (okay, that was not first of all, but let`s say it was first priority for one of my heads :D )

On more reasonable terms now, while I do see boobs are being more sexual than pecs, at least for the "commercial" world , I barely can see a reason for why there should be rules about we being naked besides maybe some hygine concerns? (which I believe are dealt with with towels on most nude communities :D )

I mean sure, a lot of people that wan`t to make their kids not look at nude women or men around will protest, but I truly don`t care. Oh noes! the kid has a hard on! poor kid!

I am sorry, I am not feeling sorry for him at all. :p

Me Myself

Back to my username
Another boob thread ... yawn ...

I should start collecting your yawns :p

On how many threads have you got in simply to say "oh, this again, yawn"

You sure like to yawn a lot! :D

Now every new time I see you yawn I`ll yawn at it, concider yourself warned! :p

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I've never understood why a woman can't go topless when a man can. I don't see the difference.

The difference is that men go crazy seeing boobs whereas women are hardly affected by seeing a man topless...unless he has an amazing body.

It comes down to how men perceive and treat us as a result of the way we behave. If it didn't make a difference then there wouldn't be a problem. But it would make a difference.

Me Myself

Back to my username
The difference is that men go crazy seeing boobs whereas women are hardly affected by seeing a man topless...unless he has an amazing body.

It comes down to how men perceive and treat us as a result of the way we behave. If it didn't make a difference then there wouldn't be a problem. But it would make a difference.

you nailed it.

But that`s exactly why I cannot see how to forbid it in any grounds: it comes down to how MEN percieve them.

the woman cannot be held accountable for that, there are many tribes where boobs in the air is normal, so it is definetely sociocultural.

I find it unappealing to keep a prohibition grounded on that to only hinder women and not men.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member

Why do you think it's ridiculous for women to have the same right to run around topless as men do?

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member

oh, please, that's no reason to stop women from going around topless. The only reason they do go crazy is precisely BECAUSE they are so hidden and hyper-sexualized. Allowing us to go topless wherever men can would help to diminish that a great deal. in fact I'm not sure if you watched the video or noticed but there were a lot of men there too walking around and they didn't seem to be focused on the women's boobs at all.

Also think about it, the only part of a woman's boob that is really taboo to show is the nipple, we see it all the time when breasts are censored, in the way the women in this video had to cover there nipples... which brings us back to the whole dichotomy of breasts for nursing vs. breasts for sex. I would support the legalization of topless women for this reason also as It would help to clear up a lot of issues with women breast feeding in public.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
oh, please, that's no reason to stop women from going around topless. The only reason they do go crazy is precisely BECAUSE they are so hidden and hyper-sexualized.

I agree that its a cultural issue. I'm not convinced either way yet that it would truly desensitisation. I was thinking about how women have been showing off their legs, midriff and cleavage for a long time now but that doesn't seem to have made men desensitised toward those body parts.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I agree that its a cultural issue. I'm not convinced either way yet that it would truly desensitisation. I was thinking about how women have been showing off their legs, midriff and cleavage for a long time now but that doesn't seem to have made men desensitised toward those body parts.

How is it important wheter we are loving it or not?

I mean, why does the legal has to come this way?

I dont see any sense to it

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member

Really? I think it has, after all it's not considered nearly as scandalous to show off those things as it was say in the 50's, 60's, 70's and on. Sure it took time but it's become more and more accepted that it's okay for women to reveal these aspects of her body primarily because of movements of women who insisted on dressing that way regardless of what men or society in general thought. I don't see men going all crazy just because the tank top I wear on a hot summer's day shows off a little cleveage. That doesn't mean they don't but in truth it's up to the men to control their urges, not us to hide ourselves on the off chance that some men might start going crazy.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

how is it HER fault you have no better control over your thoughts than this?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I expect to hear from anyone.

What`s up with sexy stuff bouncing around that should be outlawed?
There are several places where women frequently go with as much or little clothing as the men.

In fact, there are places that only have changing rooms because of the prudish Americans whining and complaining about men and women changing at the pool side.
Sad really, that some people are so scared of the human body.

Me Myself

Back to my username
There are several places where women frequently go with as much or little clothing as the men.

In fact, there are places that only have changing rooms because of the prudish Americans whining and complaining about men and women changing at the pool side.
Sad really, that some people are so scared of the human body.

What I find sad is that we indulge their silliness with legislation.

Naturaly, Ecuador ain`t less prudish.

Except with breast feeding. I`ve seen many women breast feeding in public places, and you practically see the whole boob exept the nipple because the baby is sucking. I`d bet the nipple is shown without shame when they put the boob back in :p

It`s curious, but good I guess. I mean, it is good that at least we don`t bothe rthe breast feeders :D