• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good evening - I'm new here.

Ahoy there, everyone,

I'm new here and looking forward to interesting discussions. First impression of this forum: "Every god is great." seems to be an invalid signature. Alright, it was probably too provocative anyway.

I - please forgive the misleading Russian name, it was still free and means something like "restless traveller", which I am - come from a country in Western Europe and was born into a Catholic family. At some point I realised that their God was not mine. For a while I flirted with Satanism as a sign of rejection of tradition, but I never felt it. That changed when I got pagan friends. I quickly learnt a lot about living with the Ancients and nature, and it wasn't long before I let the Norse gods into my life. I'm probably not the most faithful of their worshippers (I don't even have an altar), but they haven't let me down when I've needed them since.

Nevertheless, I remain interested in the religions of this world; I sympathise with Buddhism (although life before death is much more interesting to me than life after death) as well as Hinduism (knowing that to be a Hindu, you have to be born a Hindu). My gods will forgive me. They always do.

So - here I am. Entertain me. ;)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Ahoy there, everyone,

I'm new here and looking forward to interesting discussions. First impression of this forum: "Every god is great." seems to be an invalid signature. Alright, it was probably too provocative anyway.

I - please forgive the misleading Russian name, it was still free and means something like "restless traveller", which I am - come from a country in Western Europe and was born into a Catholic family. At some point I realised that their God was not mine. For a while I flirted with Satanism as a sign of rejection of tradition, but I never felt it. That changed when I got pagan friends. I quickly learnt a lot about living with the Ancients and nature, and it wasn't long before I let the Norse gods into my life. I'm probably not the most faithful of their worshippers (I don't even have an altar), but they haven't let me down when I've needed them since.

Nevertheless, I remain interested in the religions of this world; I sympathise with Buddhism (although life before death is much more interesting to me than life after death) as well as Hinduism (knowing that to be a Hindu, you have to be born a Hindu). My gods will forgive me. They always do.

Welcome to this forum.
You definitely don't have to be born Hindu to be Hindu. There are several Hindu adoptives and converts on this forum, probably more than there are born Hindus.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ahoy there, everyone,

Welcome to RF, pleased to meet you. Please remember that the debates here can get a bit messy ;-)

@giphy (2).gif

Bthoth

Ahoy there, everyone,

Hello,

At least you have played with a bunch of gods. It's when someone claims that a god said something to them, that makes me nervous.

Restless traveler, welcome to the party. Lots of god talk here. Sometimes politics and now even fake meat conversations will pop up. If you are open to a variety of head games, you can find a plethora of topics for entertainment.

If you find things that you like enjoy but please do not let a comment hurt your feelers.
Take what you like and makes sense and leave the rest to the peanut gallery.

'Every god is great'............... Now that is cool! I have said that even a child can create a god and claim 'well my god can kick your gods arse'

Enjoy

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Ahoy there, everyone,

Hello and welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

iu

Bthoth

I enjoy that I have to choose subforums. I imagine that reduces the amount of “your beliefs are stupid” arguments to a minimum here.
Very few even write such line items. Unless playing in the evolution or zionism threads.

Most here are not trying to be superior and most everyone is aware that NONE are chosen ones by god to rule or be an authority over any person here!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I - please forgive the misleading Russian name, it was still free and means something like "restless traveller",

welcome to the forum, who were not born hindus but are hindus now. restless traveller. buddha never talked about reincarnation. his 'rebirth' has a different meaning. it is not necessary to be born a hindu to be a hindu. you will come across many members here. you have already met one. of course, i am probably the most vocal orthodox hindu here, and a strong atheist (varieties in hinduism, from unabashed polytheism to strong atheism). etc.
i survived 79 infarctions in an earlier era.

Last edited: