• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good evening - I'm new here.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Ahoy there, everyone,

Namaskaram and welcome to RF.

I'm probably not the most faithful of their worshippers (I don't even have an altar), but they haven't let me down when I've needed them since.

I think the Æsir and Vanir are more concerned with your character rather than altars and devotional objects.

(knowing that to be a Hindu, you have to be born a Hindu).

As other members in this thread have pointed out, one does not have to be born a Hindu in order to be a Hindu. Some of our RF Hindus were born into non-Hindu families. Later in life, they adopted Hinduism as their religion and way of life, and they were accepted by born Hindus. I am one example of someone who adopted Hinduism and was recognized as a Hindu by born Hindus.

Entertain me. ;)

I told AI to generate a video of a Western European restless traveller sitting in a tea house, holding a hot cup of tea, laughing at his smartphone.

I think the Æsir and Vanir are more concerned with your character rather than altars and devotional objects.

I hope so, at least. :)

As other members in this thread have pointed out, one does not have to be born a Hindu in order to be a Hindu.

I had read contradictory statements about that on the internet, so it’s good to know that you all seem to agree that my perception was wrong. :)

I don’t plan to convert (you won’t change your beliefs just because you like some other aspects), but I like to know things. Could be useful some day.

Your AI result was amusing. Thank you. :)

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I had read contradictory statements about that on the internet, so it’s good to know that you all seem to agree that my perception was wrong. :)
I've read the same. It's a common misconception, so I wouldn't sweat it. Nearly all Hindus I've met, even those who were born Hindu, will disagree with such a mindset.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
I don’t plan to convert (you won’t change your beliefs just because you like some other aspects), but I like to know things. Could be useful some day.

I agree. There are things I like about Buddhism, there are some Buddhist influences on me, and I even visit a Buddhist temple on weekends, but I don't plan to take refuge in the Triple Gem and become a Buddhist.

Your AI result was amusing. Thank you. :)

I'm glad you liked it. :)