• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good, non-new agey Jungian psychology sources?

Seven Basic Plots by Christopher Booker. There is a lot that is hoaky in there but there is also a lot of Gold. Hope that helps in some way.

technomage

Finding my own way
Skip the term "Jungian"--that's an almost certain moonbat attractor.

Are you looking more at the analytical aspects, or the Archetype symbolism?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Skip the term "Jungian"--that's an almost certain moonbat attractor.

Are you looking more at the analytical aspects, or the Archetype symbolism?

For right now, archetypal. I never really understood the depth of the concept until very recently and am looking for deeper information than damn wikipedia.

technomage

Finding my own way
For right now, archetypal. I never really understood the depth of the concept until very recently and am looking for deeper information than damn wikipedia.
Oy, that makes it pretty rough. The Archetype thing is the part that really draws the new agers, and on that particular aspect, Jung was pretty new-agey himself. ;)

I actually recommend James Hillman more than Jung on the concepts of archetypal psychology. He's got several books out that should be available at a local library or through ILL.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Go to a university library. Find Jung's actual writings. Read them. Real research always involves going to the primary source. :D

Apparently it is a very long list, however.

If you don't read his works directly, you're not going to find fluff-nonsense in an academic library. There will be plenty of works written by scholars there.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Oy, that makes it pretty rough. The Archetype thing is the part that really draws the new agers, and on that particular aspect, Jung was pretty new-agey himself. ;)

I actually recommend James Hillman more than Jung on the concepts of archetypal psychology. He's got several books out that should be available at a local library or through ILL.

I'll check him out