• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

got another one

SoyLeche

meh...
Draka said:
What would be the use of being "resurrected" anyway? If you take the meaning of that word and the same as what happened to Jesus then we have big problems. For he was supposedly resurrected just 3 days later. Whereas his body had not decayed yet. What about all those bodies that have decayed to dust. They certainly aren't being "resurrected" any time soon.

Now if you mean "resurrection" as meaning passing into "heaven", what woud be the use of physical bodies there? Why would they be needed? And why would there be the need to have them "perfect", whatever that may be?
D&C 93 said:
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

34 And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.
Not quite sure how it works, but Spirit and Element (matter) are meant to be together. Kinda like the Chocolate and Milk thread there was a while ago. Separately they are good, but put them together and :woohoo:

NZboy

Faint you get what im saying, if god made me this way then why should i be changed in heaven even with a mental disorder( i did not really mean changing the physical body, more the mind) i do not care really about the body in this question

Draka

Wonder Woman
The spirit does not age...it exists beyond the physical realm anyway. So the matter of "old and senile" doesn't make any difference.

Why must people be limited to the idea of life being bound and restricted by the human body? The human body dies. If someone believes in a soul/spirit that transcends death then why on earth attach physical attributes to something so unphysical?

The mind and the brain are two different things. While the brain may be affected and make the person appear to communicate in an abnormal way from most, does not mean that the essence of the mind is not healthy. The "mind", in essence, is the workings between the spirit and the body. The personality, the truth of a person.

The physical and the spiritual are NOT the same.