• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Government Shut-Down...Let The Finger Pointing Begin

Whom do you blame?

• Total voters

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I blame the American people for voter apathy and doing nothing more than paying lip service to the idea of change. I blame corporized "news" that puts ratings above fact reporting. I blame the Reps for wanting to **** all over the poor, minorities, and working class, and the Dems for not playing hard ball when they have the chance and for taking a very stupid and foolish gamble during the last election.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Here we go again......
Deadline Passes, Triggering Shutdown; Senate Rejects Short-Term Spending Bill

I voted for <both>.
The first poster to claim "False equivalency!" will be banned from the thread, & spanked by a bear.

Solely Donald Trump. He claims to be a great deal maker and has only broken all the deals made in congress. He can not get the Republican party to agree to a long term budget so must rely on deals with the democrats for the short term and now he has stepped on a bipartisan agreement for the sake of his core voter's. I solely blame Donald Trump but will take out my frustrations on the Republicans because they can make a stand against him.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I get the feeling the Democrats only did it because the GOP did it in 2013.

What happened to The Art of the Deal??

The fact that Republicans can’t agree on anything while holding majority in every branch is ridiculous, especially considering 5 Senate Democrat votes went to the dark side to try and pass the budget and they still were 10 votes shy. That’s worse than the ridiculous bills they have been trying to pass or have passed lately. Sure they can pass a tax bill that majority of Americans don’t want. I have no sympathies for the GOP at this point.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Solely Donald Trump. He claims to be a great deal maker and has only broken all the deals made in congress. He can not get the Republican party to agree to a long term budget so must rely on deals with the democrats for the short term and now he has stepped on a bipartisan agreement for the sake of his core voter's. I solely blame Donald Trump but will take out my frustrations on the Republicans because they can make a stand against him.
I purposely didn't allow that option.
Tricky, eh.

idav

Being
Premium Member
No saints here. Democrats are playing hardball just as much as their brothers in red. Both deserve responsibility since this is a team sport.
This is the most bipartisan vote I’ve seen in a while 5 Dems going the other way and 4 Repubs going the other way. One has to wonder what thing was keeping reasonable people from getting a budget passed.

Aldrnari

I voted both, though it seems to me that Trump isn't as much of a deal maker as I was hoping to see (or that he seems to brag about being).

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I stand to be corrected but didn't Trump say when the Obama shut down happened, "The leader must take responsibility" or words to that effect.
Exactly.

Also, Trump in May and also the fall of last year said that "maybe we need a good shutdown".

Also, Trump has so confused even members in his own party, including McConnell and Ryan, that both commented that they didn't even know what he wanted.

Also, Trump has repeatedly said that he wants a deal for DACA, but over one full year he has not proposed nor accepted any proposal on it.

Also, it is clear that Kelly, Cotton, Perdue, and especially Miller have his ear, and they're hardliners all the way, with the latter being a "white-nationalist" (Trump has quoted their "literature" btw). They clearly don't want these Hispanics in the country, and they don't care who gets hurt or killed because of it, such as with the 200,000 or Salvadorians and many Chaldeans that may be deported back to a very hostile country.

Also, Trump wants to appeal to his base that is chocked full of those heavy into ethnic and/or religious bigotry. Since Trump and the Pubs have lost most of the moderates, losing that base would be even more catastrophic for them politically.

To them, it's all about politics-- not the country.

pearl

The many federal workers won't get paid, but Congress will. Wonder if this brings back discussion on the line item veto. They continue to blame each other for exactly what they do themselves.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Neither was not an option, so I didn't vote.

Everyone from Hillary Clinton to Mitt Romney to the USA electorate tried to keep Trump out of the White House. Now he's in there.
So I am firmly fixing the blame on Trump and the Basket of Deplorables who supported him and continue to do so.
Tom