• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Government Shut-Down...Let The Finger Pointing Begin

Whom do you blame?

• Total voters

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How Trumpy.
You just make up stuff and call it "reality".
Tom
As the one who identifies as conservative,
you've far more in common with Trump than I.
Perhaps your moniker should be "Columpus"?
Or "Coltrumbus"?

Don't make me order staff to change it for you!

Curious George

Veteran Member
You might have to quote this post to see the pic.
giphy.gif

Well now this is saved on my text bar every time I open the thread...I will just post to rid myself of it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
As the one who identifies as conservative,
you've far more in common with Trump than I.
Like what? Precisely.

Perhaps your moniker should be "Columpus"?
Or "Coltrumbus"?

Don't make me order staff to change it for you!
The last time I pointed out that you behave more like staff than some members with the title you just flipped your kilt at me and acted outraged.

Reminds me of when Trump claimed that he was a straight talking, deal making, businessman, not a partisan politician. We all know how true that turned out to be.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Like what? Precisely.
Your knuckle walking ultra-Xian anti-gay family values 10 Commandments on public display proselytizing.
The last time I pointed out that you behave more like staff than some members with the title you just flipped your kilt at me and acted outraged.
Tis only because your disrespect for staff is so offensive.
To call me one of them is an affront to man & God!
They're so generous, intellectual & saintly...how dare
you mischievously try to bring them down to my level.
Shame you should feel....God looks down upon you,
& cries.
Reminds me of when Trump claimed that he was a straight talking, deal making, businessman, not a partisan politician. We all know how true that turned out to be.
Columpus it is then.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
The really sad thing is that the members of Congress continue to get paid. If their pay was stopped, we would see a very fast solution to the shutdown.

Hopefully not a solution that would cave to 45. Because what 45 is pulling with this shutdown through his cronies in the Senate blurs the line between the division of powers. It is dangerous to our checks and balances. The executive branch cannot be allowed to control Congress that way. That's how democracies weaken.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I don't know if 45 supporters realize just how very detrimental it would be to let a president control the legislative branch. It encourages corruption and planting loyalists in another government branch that's there to check your power in the first place. Putin pretty well controls much of the Russian Parliament that way.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
That’s nice when children have no control over what their parents do and now the majority have been contributing to society for many decades. But “sure thanks for your taxes now get out” is pretty callous, just like not caring if hundreds of thousands of workers don’t get paid. We are taking about people just trying to live.

LOL what a bunch of garbage. Go take your nonsense sympathy to somebody who like fiction.

The truth is the Senate is doing what the American people want, at least those of us who have a heart, this a gridlock, even the rich does not want this, those like Mark Zuckerburg have been calling the gubment telling them for months to get their act together. DACA has the support of 83 percent of Americans this is not a bipartisan issue. I know the current regime are a-holes but this is ridiculous. You think Trump can sue people, just wait.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thom...e-americans-want-congress-and-trump-to-fix-it

Those that claim to have a heart do not, their sympathy is false and their lack of morals is obvious. They wish to sacrifice a nation for a group of misfits over their own family to feel self righteous. Send the DACA illegals . . . which is what they are, back to where they belong and be done with it. They should not have stayed here for decades able to survive anyways, this is a byproduct of Democrats giving infrastructure to criminality and immorality and Republicans being the morons they are letting it occur past federal insight.

I also doubt DACA has 83%, those numbers always lie at the end of the day and I cannot find a single immigrant Mexican who enjoys it still. Democrats are blatant liars with no respect and the progressive base is just as worse.

idav

Being
Premium Member
LOL what a bunch of garbage. Go take your nonsense sympathy to somebody who like fiction.

Those that claim to have a heart do not, their sympathy is false and their lack of morals is obvious. They wish to sacrifice a nation for a group of misfits over their own family to feel self righteous. Send the DACA illegals . . . which is what they are, back to where they belong and be done with it. They should not have stayed here for decades able to survive anyways, this is a byproduct of Democrats giving infrastructure to criminality and immorality and Republicans being the morons they are letting it occur past federal insight.

I also doubt DACA has 83%, those numbers always lie at the end of the day and I cannot find a single immigrant Mexican who enjoys it still. Democrats are blatant liars with no respect and the progressive base is just as worse.
You want to talk about lies while defending Trump. Now that’s hilarious. You can’t imagine why people would be on the same page regarding children and why Trump can’t get republicans to all sign off. No problem, keep your head in the sand.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You want to talk about lies while defending Trump. Now that’s hilarious. You can’t imagine why people would be on the same page regarding children and why Trump can’t get republicans to all sign off. No problem, keep your head in the sand.

Keeping your head in the sand means pretending the insane is sane and the racial equalists are racists. You had 8 years of idiocy under Obama now you complain about people being fair and literally putting America first. Trump is no politician and tweets absolute filth online like a teenage girl, it does not mean what happens under him is equivalent to his tweets or his moronic TV shows.

It does not mean I have to support every action or lack of action by Trump, I am not a Republican since I am a conservative. Principle does not necessitate the party preaching that principle.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Too busy demonizing & hating each other, eh.

I'm looking to see if there will be shut-down differences compared with Obama.
When he endured one, his administration spent extra money to annoy the
taxpayers, eg, hiring cops to prevent any drivers from stopping to see Mt
Rushmore. Will Trump be as nasty as his predecessor? He's certainly capable.
Yes, that will be an interesting comparison to make, most definitely.

I am not betting that the reasons will meet your expectations, of course.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Keeping your head in the sand means pretending the insane is sane and the racial equalists are racists. You had 8 years of idiocy under Obama now you complain about people being fair and literally putting America first. Trump is no politician and tweets absolute filth online like a teenage girl, it does not mean what happens under him is equivalent to his tweets or his moronic TV shows.

It does not mean I have to support every action or lack of action by Trump, I am not a Republican since I am a conservative. Principle does not necessitate the party preaching that principle.
There is nothing fair about the way the administration is attempting to put America first. I’d imagine there are much better ways to go about it. Kicking out an individual who has contributed to society for 30 years is not the way to go but by all means don’t hesitate to deport violent criminals. We want America to be first instead of last in everything except military and rich people then angering our own country and the rest of the world is not the way to do go. I’m all about vetting and securing but people can’t turn back the clock while most of these individuals are a valued part of society.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/americans-back-daca-huge-margin-poll/story?id=50032985

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, that will be an interesting comparison to make, most definitely.

I am not betting that the reasons will meet your expectations, of course.
I've no expectations.
So in a sense, they won't be met.
No bets then.
What do you predict will happen?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
They wish to sacrifice a nation for a group of misfits over their own family to feel self righteous. Send the DACA illegals . . . which is what they are, back to where they belong and be done with it.
They belong here, and don't deserve to be punished for what their parents did, and uprooted, their lives disrupted, and sent to place they've not called home, where they have no family, friends, or social supports. And I'm pretty sure they aren't all inherently a group of misfits. And if any of them are misfits, then cool! We misfits tend to know how to party and have fun.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I've no expectations.
So in a sense, they won't be met.
No bets then.
What do you predict will happen?
The GOP and particularly Trump will keep escalating tensions for a fair while, mainly because they do not have much else that could be attempted here in their repertoires.

At some point something else will be perceived as a more pressing matter and become a welcome distraction for them (particularly for the Congresspeople, who could live without the erosion of their images).

Pretty much all Republicans involved will keep talking with a lot of disgust how it was all totally the fault of the Democrats, facts be darned.

We all will become tired of expecting stones to give milk and, against all common sense, end up simply accepting that dangerous immaturity and inconsequence as if it somehow could fit lucid, adult men.

In a few weeks, tops, something equally irresponsible will again be deflagrated by Trump and/or the GOP.

Rinse, repeat, mark the passage of time in the calendar, hope for the best, brace for the worst.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The GOP and particularly Trump will keep escalating tensions for a fair while, mainly because they do not have much else that could be attempted here in their repertoires.

At some point something else will be perceived as a more pressing matter and become a welcome distraction for them (particularly for the Congresspeople, who could live without the erosion of their images).

Pretty much all Republicans involved will keep talking with a lot of disgust how it was all totally the fault of the Democrats, facts be darned.

We all will become tired of expecting stones to give milk and, against all common sense, end up simply accepting that dangerous immaturity and inconsequence as if it somehow could fit lucid, adult men.

In a few weeks, tops, something equally irresponsible will again be deflagrated by Trump and/or the GOP.

Rinse, repeat, mark the passage of time in the calendar, hope for the best, brace for the worst.
Wow....I never envisioned any of that.
I just figure they'll fuss & feud, until at some point they agree on a budget.