• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HALLOWEEN : Pat Robertson vs. (anyone, someone, just debate ;) )

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
If that were true then death, darkness and ugliness would be a part of heaven...

Death, darkness and sin entered the world through one man and woman's transgression, life, light and righteousness entered into the world by one man's sacrifice..

How can you have rebirth without death? If nothing dies, then it lives all the time and has no opportunity to be reborn.

How can you have the new growth of spring unless the foliage dies? If it doesn't, then it isn't new growth. Without death, we'd have spring and summer all year round, and we know that isn't how the earth works.

Besides, who said that heaven would work exactly like earth?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
So, do any Christians here believe Halloween is actually 'evil' and 'satanic'?

What's the harm in dressing up for a holiday and getting candy? How is this evil?

If memory of books I've read serve me correctly...I believe Hallow's Eve was a night where some pagan's honored and remembered their dead ancestors and loved ones. In some traditions, people would use scrying mirrors and water pools, among other tools to communicate with the dead. I read one book (which particularly interested me) where people would get high and "fly" around on broomstick-like things.

Forgive me if I'm confusing this with another pagan holiday or tradition. :)

The purpose (again...if I'm remembering correctly) was to communicate with the dead...not to raise the dead for evil purposes. I also am under the impression that most of the "magical" traditions were intended to WARD OFF evil spirits, not summon them.

I don't believe there's any harm in Halloween, although I find it to be ridiculously commercial, moreso than Christmas. Once I got over the fun of the cosmetic perks of the Halloween season...groovy wigs, a wider variety of fishnets, fun black press-on nails, etc...Halloween doesn't do much for me and I find it to be a waste of money.

I don't object to my kids participating, though. I was raised in a Christian home and we were allowed to dress up and go trick or treating. My Mom didn't, however, invest large sums of money in costumes and decor and I don't intend to do this for my kids.

I believe that there are supernatural entitites surrounding me at all times...angels and demons. Nothing changes on Halloween.

Ozzie

So, do any Christians here believe Halloween is actually 'evil' and 'satanic'?

What's the harm in dressing up for a holiday and getting candy? How is this evil?
Isn't present day wisdom saying to teach kids not to accept candy from strangers.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
it just has elements that satan is cool with. ok then. we will leave it at that.
Yes, nothing Satan likes better than a good harvest and a nice pumpkin carving contest. Truly, it is the evil epitome of evil evilness.
Repent now, lest your corn dollies turn on you!:preach: