• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas Sermon in Gaza: Rome Will Be Conquered by Islam

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
Well, thats poetic, but do you plan to use that agenda in order to promote a political move?

No political move is required. Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this earth". The kingdom of heaven has nothing to do with who is in power politically. We are all children of God, and it doesn't matter if the Christians or the Muslims hold Rome.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
No political move is required. Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this earth". The kingdom of heaven has nothing to do with who is in power politically. We are all children of God, and it doesn't matter if the Christians or the Muslims hold Rome.
Again very poetic. (and convenient).
But the rest of us will keep indulging ourselves in the politics of THIS EARTH. I would be interested to see what the Italian think about your last take on Rome.

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
Again very poetic. (and convenient).
But the rest of us will keep indulging ourselves in the politics of THIS EARTH. I would be interested to see what the Italian think about your last take on Rome.

I can picture people saying this to Jesus after He said, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's."

The Italian in that instance would be Pontius Pilate, of course.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I can picture people saying this to Jesus after He said, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's."

The Italian in that instance would be Pontius Pilate, of course.
Perhpas you meant to say: render unto the Caliph the things that are the Caliph's.

MSizer

MSizer

Oh man, building on top of holy sites, sacking towns, defecating on burial plots, blowing each other up, impaling live babies and eating them, there's no limit when it comes to what people will rationalize when god is on their side. I find it funny when theists say "if god didn't exit, everything would be permissible." The incredible irony is that since people think god exists, everything can be rationalized.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
It's based on a hadith of the prophet peace be upon him that Rome will be opened, i.e. Islam will enter Rome, we don't know how this will happen, it could be through peaceful means.

Yes, many Muslims believe that the second prophetic prophecy will be a peacful conquest.

The following is taken from Sheikh Dr. Yusuf Al-Qaradawi speech:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]2. The Return of Islam to Europe and the Conquest of Rome[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Another obvious one of these great auspices is the hadith that Imam Ahmad reported in his Musnad that Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin Al-‘As (may Allah be pleased with him) reports ,[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Whilst we were around the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) writing down, he was asked, "Which of the two cities is to be opened first, Constantinople or Rome ?" He (the Prophet) answered, "The city of Heraclius will be opened first!" (Imam Ahmad, and Al-Albany)[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Rome is the metropolis of Italy today, and Constantinople is now Istanbul. What can be grasped from the posed question is that the Companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) knew beforehand that Islam would conquer the two cities, and their people would embrace Islam, but they just wanted to know which of the two cities would precede the other to Islam. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) answered them saying that the city of Heraclius (Constantinople) would be conquered first.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]That prophecy was fulfilled at the hands of the ambitious Ottoman youth, Muhammad ibn Murad (Al- Fateh, aged twenty-three, who was known through history by Muhammad the Conqueror. Thus, Constantinople was conquered in the ninth century A.H. (fifteenth century A.D.), precisely on Tuesday 20th of Jumada Awwal857 A.H. (29 May, 1453 A.D.)[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Thus, remains the second part of the prophetic tidings to be fulfilled; the conquest of Rome, through which Islam will enter Europe once again after it was forced out of it twice: once from Andalusia and the other from the Balkan states.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Most probably this conquest will be through the power of word and pen, not through the military force, for the world will open its arms and heart to Islam, after being overburdened by the philosophies (ideologies) of materialism and positivism, and will appeal for assistance from heavens, and guidance from Allah, thus it will find none but Islam as a rescuer.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]The peaceful conquest (victory) has its origins in Islam, for Allah, the Most Exalted, has called the Hudaibiyah Peace Treaty a conquest, even a "manifest victory" and on that occasion Surat Al-Fath was revealed in which Allah Almighty says,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica](VerilyWe have granted thee a manifest Victory ) (Al-Fath, 48: 1)[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Thereupon, the Companions asked the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) saying, "Is it a conquest (victory), O Messenger of Allah?" He (peace and blessings be upon him) answered, "Yes, it is a conquest (victory)."[/FONT]

gnomon

People see but cannot read.

People hear but will not listen.

How much do those blinders cost?