• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Handling the Bathwater Carefully

Wayofthespirit

I am a Monotheistic Deist
Hi Folks,

Whilst I worship at the Altar of restoration I’m all about not throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

The baby to me being the Church of Christ against which he pronounced that even the gates of Hades should not prevail.

So, whilst Christ prophesised a great apostasy in Matthew 13:31-32, at least an unbroken thread of the faith and tradition once delivered to the saints cannot be, nor can ever have been, completely extinguished.

Therefore such restoration as is needed must be from within the unbroken thread of the Church of Christ rather than from without, in the form of new denominations which, in essence break the very thread that Christ insisted could not be broken.

At the age of 74, with over 60 years of committed faith behind me I think I can safely conclude that there is no such thing as a perfect church; each branch being comprised of imperfect individuals.
(And no way would I delude myself into thinking that I could be the first to invent one)
Therefore, realising that the kingdom of heaven is within, I attend the closest church that will accept me into full fellowship, provided it reasonably matches up to my comfort zone, in terms of the type of folk that attend, (with ‘Johhny come lately’ denominations well down in the pecking order)

Therein I play my part in projecting only such as I perceive to have been characteristic of the early church during the time of the original apostles.

What that perception comprises you’ll glimpse as I post along if you will graciously accommodate such an oddball.

Bye for now...Mike

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hello, Mike! Welcome to RF! It's not often someone older than I shows up here! I hope to get to know you better.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to RF.
icon14.gif

Wayofthespirit

I am a Monotheistic Deist
Hello, Mike! Welcome to RF! It's not often someone older than I shows up here!

So is that what it means to be a 'Latter day' saint?:)

Mormons are some of the most Christlike folk I've ever had the pleasure to meet.....with some of the queerest beliefs.:slap:

But my 'Christian' catholicity is unlimited.:rolleyes:

Mike.