• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

happy birthday Darwin!

Bishadi

Yep, I know.

Darwin is a capital of the Northern Territory, Australia.

i thought it was a town just outside death valley

Darwin Ghost Town, Death Valley National Park

The town took its name from Dr. Darwin French who explored the area in 1860 giving his name to the falls, canyon and wash. With the discovery of rich silver and lead deposits in 1874, Darwin became the center of activity in the New Coso mining district. In 1877 three furnaces were in operation and the town had a population of over 1,000. By 1878 strikes at Mammoth and Bodie left the town near deserted.

was there 2 months back during the full moon.....

awesome back road.... as i took the scenic entrance before dropping into 'death valley'

i was standing at them mines on the side of the hill, having a cold one

gnostic

The Lost One
bishadi said:
i thought it was a town just outside death valley

Darwin Ghost Town, Death Valley National Park

I don't know of that ghost town. I only know of the city in Australia.

Yours was named after Darwin, but ours was actually named after Charlie boy, when he was previously in that hound ship. The captain had named the harbour after him Port Darwin. I doubt Darwin had actually set his foot there.

See wiki's Darwin, Northern Territory.

I actually didn't know this, until I read the wiki's page a couple of minutes ago, but I suspected it might have been named after C.D.

Last edited:

Bishadi

I don't know of that ghost town. I only know of the city in Australia.

Yours was named after Darwin, but ours was actually named after Charlie boy, when he was previously in that hound ship. The captain had named the harbour after him Port Darwin. I doubt Darwin had actually set his foot there.

See wiki's Darwin, Northern Territory.

I actually didn't know this, until I read the wiki's page a couple of minutes ago, but I suspected it might have been named after C.D.

thanks for the additional read....... kind of neat the guy made it 'on the map'....guess now, we can all call him a 'saint'........ and if anyone says something just say .... i meant 'city' ............... the city of darwin

better still........... i giggle thinking "daaaaaaaar winsssss" or 'dar-won'

He drew the drawings of the 'tree of life' as to how it applied to life itself....... i love how in real way, he was pure to the bible and most all theology Tree of life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

..... and He will live longer in his gifts, to us all, than all them monkeys who did not want to evolve.

Bishadi

Word dat!

Awesome new study from the Université de Montréal: Origin of Life on Earth: Scientists Unlock Mystery of Molecular Machine.

thanks for the read

can anyone assist in finding the original pub, with the math from the 2 scientist

"While the ribosome is a complex structure it features a clear hierarchy that emerged based on basic chemical principles," says Sergey Steinberg, a Université de Montréal biochemistry professor who made his discovery with student Konstantin Bokov. "In the absence of such explanations, some people could imagine unseen forces at work when such complex structures emerge in nature."

bet it was the kids idea

help find the paper please.....

rojse

RF Addict
Yep, I know.

Darwin is a capital of the Northern Territory, Australia.

Darwin, the city, was named after Charles Darwin, the naturalist, whom done some work in biology, including publishing a book called "On The Origin of Species". I wonder if anyone has heard of the author or the book.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Cool PDF! That's going on my desktop.
That's two awesome things that have come to me from Montreal this year!
:D
I've only read the article and links, but not the actual paper. I'll have to run to the library and read it in Nature, issue 457(7232):977-80, 2009. I can't access Nature articles from my work computer.... :(

Bishadi

Cool PDF! That's going on my desktop.
That's two awesome things that have come to me from Montreal this year!
:D
I've only read the article and links, but not the actual paper. I'll have to run to the library and read it in Nature, issue 457(7232):977-80, 2009. I can't access Nature articles from my work computer.... :(

glad you like the pub

there is a bunch from the university but you will need the french conversion