• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Indigenous Remerberance Day

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
A lot of people are not aware of just how vicious and brutal some nations were with each other long before the arrival of Europeans.

Particularly the Comanches, one of the most hated and feared nations but well respected for their horsemanship and tenacity. What they did to people is so graphic and terrible its not for the squeamish.
The Iroquois, or at least some of their tribes, were cannibals. They had the belief that if they ate the heart of their enemies their enemies would die out.

But even with something this horrible, it was done with thought and purpose that had nothing to do with savagery, believe it or not. You'll not find any peoples that don't have a past that we can't comprehend as civilized/spiritual today. It's the evolution of humankind.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The Iroquois, or at least some of their tribes, were cannibals. They had the belief that if they ate the heart of their enemies their enemies would die out.

But even with something this horrible, it was done with thought and purpose that had nothing to do with savagery, believe it or not. You'll not find any peoples that don't have a past that we can't comprehend as civilized/spiritual today. It's the evolution of humankind.
I really do love the indigenous nations of this country and I'm happy to see that they're still around but I also had an issue for a while where I romanticized too much and needed to find out the hard facts of what the nations were like prior to the arrival of the Europeans and it was quite an eye opener.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I really do love the indigenous nations of this country and I'm happy to see that they're still around but I also had an issue for a while where I romanticized too much and needed to find out the hard facts of what the nations were like prior to the arrival of the Europeans and it was quite an eye opener.
If you're a reader look for the Forgotten Past Series by Kathleen O'Neal Gear and husband, W. Michael Gear. Amazing work on many geographical areas and pre-historic times. Great paleontology research presented in story form.