• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harris Snatching Patents

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
She hasn't done much. I have no reason to think that will change.

Well, you can bet that things will change a lot, if Trump gets elected, and not in a good way. However, things were changing under Biden in a good way, and I have every reason to think that they will continue to change under her leadership. So she gives us hope, whereas her competitor gives us four more years of anger, division, and chaos.

I'm suspicious of anyone who's words and actions don't match up. Their party has nothing to do with it.

Glad to hear it, although I haven't seen any information that makes me think the Obamas have ill-gotten gains. Their wealth comes primarily from book deals, speaking fees, Netflix and Higher Ground productions, and real estate investments. It was earned primarily after Barack Obama left office.

But, if you are concerned about actions matching up with words, you must be even more suspicious of Trump, the man who denied he had business dealings in Russia at the same time he was trying to sign a deal for a Trump building in Moscow (See: Business Projects of Donald Trump in Russia). Didn't he say he would fund his own campaign? Oh, yeah.

Trump’s businesses are raking in millions of dollars from Republican political campaigns – including his own

"When you think about it, it’s kind of brutal toward Kamala Harris’s predecessor as the presumptive Democratic nominee. Michelle Obama was quite clearly implying that the party, and perhaps the country, had lost hope under Joe Biden, and that it took Harris to bring that hope back."

I agree with much of what was said in that article, although many Democrats (including myself) have not been reluctant to say that Biden was dragging the party down. I wouldn't say that we had lost all hope, but recall that "hope" was a major theme of Barack Obama's campaign. He wrote a famous book called The Audacity of Hope, for example. So her use of that word as a theme resonated a little differently with Democrats than it did for you and others who dislike Democrats. For the opposition and the news media, it came off as disrespectful and brutal to Biden. However, Biden, more than anyone, knows something about taking hard knocks. He understands that politics (and life) can be brutal at times. So he stepped aside voluntarily for the good of the country and his party. Michelle Obama struck the right note with that word.

Pogo

"When you think about it, it’s kind of brutal toward Kamala Harris’s predecessor as the presumptive Democratic nominee. Michelle Obama was quite clearly implying that the party, and perhaps the country, had lost hope under Joe Biden, and that it took Harris to bring that hope back."
You are misinterpreting this sentence, It was not that Democrats had lost hope in general but specifically that there was a feeling that Biden was not going to be able to beat Trump due to his non-performance at the debate, not that there was any loss of hope due to Biden's performance as president which is well received and has the economy chugging along well, in spite of all the negative comments by Fox pundits that have left large portions of the populace thinking that things are bad for others. A new attack on the false interpretations was needed and Harris is forcefully presenting that so far.
The fear is a repeat of the chaos of the first Trump administration. We now have much better hope that that will not be our fate, not that there was anything wrong with the current path. (well except for the aftermath of Trump's policies and corruption of the Supreme Court and a totally dysfunctional Congress)

We Never Know

No Slack
You are misinterpreting this sentence, It was not that Democrats had lost hope in general but specifically that there was a feeling that Biden was not going to be able to beat Trump due to his non-performance at the debate, not that there was any loss of hope due to Biden's performance as president which is well received and has the economy chugging along well, in spite of all the negative comments by Fox pundits that have left large portions of the populace thinking that things are bad for others. A new attack on the false interpretations was needed and Harris is forcefully presenting that so far.
The fear is a repeat of the chaos of the first Trump administration. We now have much better hope that that will not be our fate, not that there was anything wrong with the current path. (well except for the aftermath of Trump's policies and corruption of the Supreme Court and a totally dysfunctional Congress)
You fail to realize she said "A familiar feeling thats been buried too deep for too long.”

It hasn't been too long since the debate.
It hasn't been too long since Bidens mentality shown it was failing.
It hasn't been too long since Biden dropped out.
It hasn't been too long since his friends, doners and colleagues dropped him like the plague.

Last edited:

Copernicus

You fail to realize she said "A familiar feeling thats been buried too deep for too long.”

It hasn't been too long since the debate.
It hasn't been too long since Bidens mentality shown it was failing.
It hasn't been too long since Biden dropped out.
It hasn't been too long since his friends, doners and colleagues dropped him like the plague.

And that's why her reference to "hope" was not about Biden himself but about the future of the country. Pogo expressed the point very well, and I think it went over your head. Well before Biden withdrew, polls showed that voters in neither party wanted to see a Biden-Trump rematch. There were debates over which candidate was too old to finish a second term, and we were looking at four more years of the status quo under Joe Biden or a return to the chaos and toxic atmosphere of the Trump years. So we had buried that feeling of hope too long, but it is finally coming back. That is what has been driving "Kamalamentum". There is hope for moving forward and making progress again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She hasn't done much. I have no reason to think that will change.
There is reason to believe it will.
As VP, she had no power.
As Prez, she will exercise great power.

I'm not saying that I approve of how she'll
use it. Only that she will have "done much".
I'm suspicious of anyone who's words and actions don't match up. Their party has nothing to do with it.
She has words & no action, same as Trump.
The difference is that she says what she will do.
Trump failed as things he said he'd do...
- The wall paid for by Mexicans.
- Ending the war in Afghanistan.
When his words don't match deeds that were
actually within his power, this says more than
one who promises, but without a history.

We Never Know

No Slack
And that's why her reference to "hope" was not about Biden himself but about the future of the country. Pogo expressed the point very well, and I think it went over your head. Well before Biden withdrew, polls showed that voters in neither party wanted to see a Biden-Trump rematch. There were debates over which candidate was too old to finish a second term, and we were looking at four more years of the status quo under Joe Biden or a return to the chaos and toxic atmosphere of the Trump years. So we had buried that feeling of hope too long, but it is finally coming back. That is what has been driving "Kamalamentum". There is hope for moving forward and making progress again.

Sure. Evidently there wasn't much with Biden. It was buried.

"A familiar feeling that’s been buried too deep for too long.”

IMO she was referring to back when Obama was president.

Last edited:

Copernicus

Sure. Evidently there wasn't much with Biden. It was buried.

"A familiar feeling that’s been buried too deep for too long.”

IMO she was referring to back when Obama was president.

I could go along with that, although I think that Hillary would have made a very good president. I was never enthusiastic about Biden, but he was better than the Republican alternative. And I was pleasantly surprised by many of the things he managed to get done. I just really didn't want him to run for a second term, even though I voted for him in the primary. There were no rivals on the ballot that I preferred more. Had her name been on the primary ballot against his, I would have voted for her.