• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy?

Zorro1227

I would agree with the first poster, I don't believe everyone agrees that love is unconditional.

For me their are many types of love none of them are unconditional.

As to homosexual relationships, I believe most people with the exception of the bigots and extreme religious are now accepting as can be seen by all the coming out of various people and there success in the world even after coming out.

The issue for me and most is homosexual marriages. I believe marriage to be the providence of heterosexual couples.

If I did believe in unconditional love or true love it would exist beyond all boundries including marriage. So some one with unconditional love would not need to be married.

I am a little confused as to how you can say that there are many types of love and none are unconditional. Please explain your reasoning for that statement.

Zorro1227

More than homosexuality, how about the other "Christian" social values like loving your neighbor, your enemies, returning good for evil, disdaining wealth, &c.
Our society reflects these pretty poorly.

I think the problem is that these values are Biblical not necessarily "christian"; however, it would seem as though some "self proclaimed christians" skipped over that part of the Bible.

Zorro1227

Even Jesus love is conditional. True unconditional love is a very rare thing.

Would you still love your partner/parents/sibling/etc the same way if they attacked/abused you?

You can still feel love for a person who has wronged you. That's not what I was saying. True love is unconditional in my opinion.

Zorro1227

hi :) can you explain to me why we should be classed according to our sexual choices or why our sexual orientations should be our identity among others?

i can't see love and sexuality one and same. i could not have sex with anything or anyone i love. cos list is too long. every single human i've met has a certain place, a unique place. so i can love same sex person very much but i would not think of sexual expression and why should i? and even if i was a lesbian, why would i need acceptance from others? why should they even know how i experience my sexuality?

I really wasn't putting anyone in classes nor do I believe anyone should be put into a class because of their sexual orientations. The fact of the matter is though, the world does. I do not believe that we need acceptance from "the church" or fundementalists or whoever. However, when it imposes on our rights there is a problem.