• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello all... Here with a mission...

aneed2k

Hi all..
well i feel my personal introduction is not really necessary but a little about my back ground might come in handy.. im a citizen of malaysia.. if u must know, the political system here is pretty much weird compared to many countries of the modern age..
we still use a little racism in our politics and a lot of religious concepts too...
even though, i find it not at all acceptable but but its still seems to work and it has ran this country for a proud 50 years..
im here to find out exactly how important religion is in the world today..
im very young..
merely 23 years of age but i like to see myself as a person who thinks wisely before any decision making and since this topic is still considered much of a taboo in the society of this country im here to ask the general internet users and i found the name of this website to be the most relevant to my motion..
i thank u so much for building such a site and i really would like to hear a reply because most of the websites that i have tried all this while has left me in the wind and silence just led me to leave and pay no attention to my cause..
i am a born hindu but i prefer to be known as just a young man who merely believes in God and religion has so far brought no influence in my life.. but im here to find out more...

once again. thank u for this opportunity..

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
Hello and Welcome! I hope you find the answers you're looking for. We definitely have some interesting conversations here :)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Hi and welcome

You will find a wide range of view here.
We have people from many religions and none... most with strong points of view.

As an Anglican I thing Religion is very important.
But not more important than the Love of God, and love for our fellow men.

aneed2k

thank u so much for ur replies guys.
i have been reading a few threads already and i find most of the views here very interesting and mind boggling.
but i have to say that receiving a reply in the short 2-3 hours i am registered here, is something special that this site has and i honestly appreciate it..
thank u so much and i hope many more learn as much as i have in this few hours.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Namaste and welcome to RF. I'm also Hindu and whilst I love my religion, I consider myself more spiritual than religious. I believe that love is the most powerful force on earth. To me, God is love. :) God doesn't belong to any religion. We need religion, God doesn't...of course I strongly believe in Sanathan Dharma...if you know what I mean...the Eternal Religion.....a way of life.

The political climate in my country is somewhat divided along racial lines also. The ruling party is led by someone of African descent and the Opposition party consists of mostly people of East Indian descent so most people vote along racial lines. :rolleyes:

You will love RF, it's very tolerant of different beliefs. I hope you become addicted to the site soon. :D

aneed2k

well i feel so blessed to have found this site..
thank u so much guys for both ur replies..
as for addiction, hema, i am really looking forward to it..
its nice to meet u and i thank all of u so much for such a warm welcome..
in malaysia we have a very vast mixture of races and religion..
therefore it is important we malaysians are not ignorant of anothers beliefs and customs..
sad to say this passion of mine is not shared by many malaysians unless there is a drop of conflict or a smidgen of conspiracy involved in the issue..
well for this i dont really blame the country or the climate, its the human race in general..
not many take the trouble to understand or learn about things that doesnt appear in their daily lives but that actually depends on how we look at things right?
if i walk buy a christian i find the need to know enough about his/her religion and understand without prejudice.. i dont know if i am right for doing this but i find it easier to handle so many different personalities and people this way.. its a lot of effort but trust me its worth it..
this is why i am here..
not only am i here to learn as much as my minute brain can absorb but also to spread what i have already learned and maybe even get corrected if the way im heading forward in life is wrong...
once again...
my humblest appreciation to all whom have replied..
thank u all so much...

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
therefore it is important we malaysians are not ignorant of anothers beliefs and customs..
sad to say this passion of mine is not shared by many malaysians unless there is a drop of conflict or a smidgen of conspiracy involved in the issue..
well for this i dont really blame the country or the climate, its the human race in general..
not many take the trouble to understand or learn about things that doesnt appear in their daily lives but that actually depends on how we look at things right?
if i walk buy a christian i find the need to know enough about his/her religion and understand without prejudice.. i dont know if i am right for doing this but i find it easier to handle so many different personalities and people this way.. its a lot of effort but trust me its worth it..
this is why i am here..
not only am i here to learn as much as my minute brain can absorb but also to spread what i have already learned and maybe even get corrected if the way im heading forward in life is wrong...
once again...
thank u all so much...

There are different races here too...African, Indian, Chinese, Caucasian etc.

The main religions are Christianity, Hinduism and Islam. We all get along well but sometimes there is intolerance. Like recently, some people broke into a Temple and smashed some murtis. I don't focus on a lot of Deity worship but I feel a strong connection with Hanumanji. When I saw what happened to the Hanuman murti, it brough tears to my eyes. The Temple is located out in the sea. In the days of colonialism when Hindus weren't allowed to practise their religion in this country, a gentleman named Siewdass Sadhu, along with his wife, built a Temple in the sea - which was no man's land. The government rebuilt it a few years ago and lots of people come to visit it.

ayani

Aneed- your attitude of open-ness and inquery is awesome. i think you'll love it here. welcome, friend. Malaysia and the rest of the world need more people like yourself.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
this is why i am here..
once again...
thank u all so much...

Hey man, Selamat Datang. :cool:

I'm currently studying in Malaysia but i'm not Malaysian, and yeah, i hear you bro. alot of Malaysians here are not open about religions in general, but only few are willing to talk.

When i talked about Islam and religions in general with one of my hindu lecturers--who became one of my best friends later on--he was surprised and told me that here only few muslims don't get angry when you discuss openely with them, so believe me, i know where you are coming from. Also, Hema in here is one of my best friends in RF and she helped me alot to understand more about her faith. You and me have a lot in common becaue i really love to know about the beliefs of my friends or about people i got to know.

Welcome to RF, and we might even meet one day in KL, who knows! ;)

I'm sure you will love it here as i did, not only that, you will be even addicted to this place. :D

If you want to know more about me in details you can check this thread in the link below:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/know-your-moderators/50142-truth-moderator.html

Good luck! :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi aneed,

Welcome to religious Forums!

I hpope you like what you see and read, and look forward to reading your contributions.:)

aneed2k

Hey man, Selamat Datang. :cool:

I'm currently studying in Malaysia but i'm not Malaysian, and yeah, i hear you bro. alot of Malaysians here are not open about religions in general, but only few are willing to talk.

When i talked about Islam and religions in general with one of my hindu lecturers--who became one of my best friends later on--he was surprised and told me that here only few muslims don't get angry when you discuss openely with them, so believe me, i know where you are coming from. Also, Hema in here is one of my best friends in RF and she helped me alot to understand more about her faith. You and me have a lot in common becaue i really love to know about the beliefs of my friends or about people i got to know.

Welcome to RF, and we might even meet one day in KL, who knows! ;)

I'm sure you will love it here as i did, not only that, you will be even addicted to this place. :D
its nice to know that u are in malaysia my new found friend.
once again my appreciation is forwarded to all of u in RF for the warmest welcome I've ever received on the world wide web..
thank u all so much..

well i was wondering where u were based in kuala lumpur and after reading ur reply to my other thread i have found the information i was looking for.

im from kl myself but currently in studying in Sabah (a huge state in East Malaysia, Borneo)
i will be finishing my bachelors degree this december and am really looking forward to meeting u once i get back...

but before all that.. as a foreigner, i would like to know ur perception upon malaysia in all angles..
political, religious, and of course the sociological systems here..

i have many foreign friends who are currently based in malaysia, some from europe, some from the middle east and even from african nations.. here in sabah there are many students from the united states even.. but almost all of them have conflicting views about the situation of this small country..

i really would like to know which country do hail from and what do u think of malaysia in general.. pls feel free to be blunt as ur honest reply is what i would really apprecaiate the most..

once again i would like to express my heart felt gratitude to all of u whom have made this website such an enlightening experience to me..
thank u all so much....

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
welcomekaoani.gif

Ðanisty

this is why i am here..
once again...
thank u all so much...
Welcome to RF! You'll love it here. There is so much knowledge to be shared and I'm sure you'll make many friends from more religious backgrounds than you can imagine. Empathy is a difficult skill for me, but it's one I value very highly. I agree that understanding each other is very much worth the effort. :D